Chapter 3: Old Nemesis

(Side Note: I just wanted to give a warning that there  is non-consensual hair touching from here onwards. Not in that type of way though, this is not a mature fan-fic.) 

Branch finally arrived at Vacay Island when he left Rhonda behind to go find his brother who had children of his own. What was he supposed to say to him exactly? That he was pregnant?

Branch still did not want to come to terms with that, and yet, here he was, trying to get advice on what he should do. He just kept pacing back and forth around the beach until something grabbed ahold of him, effectively startling him.

"Uncle Branch, Uncle Branch, Uncle Branch!" The child excitedly called out his name as she lifted him up and dashed around. A few of her other siblings joined before they raced to the restaurant area.

"Daddy, daddy, daddy! Uncle Branch is here!" The girl announced.

"Huh?" Bruce turned around and widened his eyes when he saw Branch was trying desperately not to— "Quick, put him down!"

The girl did as she was told, just in the nick of time because as soon as Branch was let go, he threw up.

"Branch, are you okay?" Bruce asked as he stood by his side and patted his back gently, not really used to seeing this side of him.

"I-I'll be fine, just give me a moment." Branch really had a weak stomach today, normally he'd be able to handle the children's antics but if having a baby— the baby!

Branch quickly reached inside his hair and felt the small egg shape before sighing in relief. He hoped all that bouncing around didn't— he quickly tossed the thoughts aside as he grabbed his brother's vest and started shaking the other in desperation while yelling "I'm going to have a baby!!"

"Whoa whoa, Branch! Calm down!" Bruce quickly looked around at the patrons that were now all staring at them. That's when he grabbed ahold of his youngest brother's hand and started guiding him somewhere more private to talk. "Nothing to see here folks, just go on about your business." He then looked at his wife.

"Don't worry hon, I'll clean up and take care of things. Just take care of your brother. Love you!" Brandy winked while grabbing a small towel as she said this.

"Thank you, and love you too!" Bruce said before they disappeared to a more quiet area but Branch looked like he saw a ghost. "Earth to Branch, anyone up there?" He snapped his fingers when the other finally looked at him.

"Wh-what do I do?!" Branch was at a loss.

"Well, being here instead of with Poppy isn't the way to go. She'll need your support if she is having a baby." Bruce placed a hand on his brother's shoulder before continuing. "You should go back and talk things through with her."

"What?? But I'm—" Branch didn't get to speak when several of his nephew's came out of nowhere and interrupted them.

Bruce was trying to tell them that he needed to have a grownup conversation but the children kept coming one after the other in an endless stream.

"Hold on a moment, Daddy's trying to have an important talk with Uncle Branchy." Bruce tried to explain as he gestured over to where his brother was.

"Ehh? But Uncle Branch isn't here!" One of them stated when Bruce looked and finally noticed the other was gone.

"I saw him run that way!" Another one of his children pointed in the direction.

Bruce went to go after Branch but he ended up caught by his children and they started taking turns packing him around the resort. A fun little game that they played often. Bruce would normally be laughing and enjoying this moment but he was too concerned for his youngest brother. Eventually Brandy came and saved him.

"Were you able to talk to your brother?" Brandy asked as she sat her husband down on the countertop.

"Uhh, I'm not sure, he left before I was able to really talk to him. I hope he goes back to the village." Bruce sighed as he became more worried.

"Why don't you go to visit Pop Village to make sure he went back? I can take care of things here." Brandy suggested.

"Are you sure that's okay?" Bruce had to ask.

"Of course honey, I'm worried too. Now get going, maybe you'll be able to catch up with him. It hasn't been that long since he left." Brandy gave Bruce a small kiss before she gave him a light push.

Bruce smiled happily as they said their goodbyes before he left.

***

Branch finally made it back to where he left Rhonda but she was nowhere to be seen. He called out for her a few times in vain. "Where did she—" He cut himself off after he heard some chuckling from behind. He quickly turned around as he got into a stance but it was too late. Something struck his head. The last thing he heard before blacking out was-

"Don't worry Branch, I made sure to miss the baby. At least that's something you can be positive about."

***

When Branch awoke he found that he had a splitting headache but that wasn't all, he was tied up and in some cave near a small fire. It seemed to be dark outside, how long had he been out? He wondered before finally noticing the very troll that had attacked him. It wasn't just any troll though.

It was Creek.

"You?! What are you trying to pull?! So help me if I get out of these ropes, I'll—"

"You'll do what? Fight me? I very much doubt that." Creek chuckled as he got up and walked over to Branch who tried to back away. "I seem to recall that you're the one having a baby, too bad your brother was too stupid to realize."

"Don't call my brother stupid!" Branch angrily yelled at him before backpedaling as Creek decided to pin him to the ground. "Wait, what are you doing?!"

"I just want to take a look at the baby. I've never seen a troll's egg up close before. Especially one of royal descent." Creek said as he started to reach inside the blue troll's hair.

"No! Stop it!" Branch squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to tilt his head away from the hand but it didn't help. He shivered from the icy chills that ran down his back. He hated this with every fiber of his being. It felt so very wrong compared to when Poppy would touch his hair. "Please, Creek!" He begged the troll to stop. "I hate this! St—"

Creek covered Branch's mouth in annoyance as he looked at the egg, even touching it a little. "Wow, it's so pretty. It's pink and blue with some gold flecks here and there. It's even got a small tuft of purple and pink hair coming out of it." Creek kept examining it when he heard a broken sob from beneath him.

"Ugh, disgusting..." Creek cringed as he quickly removed his hands and finally backed off to go sit back down where he was originally while wiping his hand off with a cloth.

Branch on the other hand turned away and seemed to curl in on himself against the cave wall as light sobs escaped every so often.