𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐛

▶️ haunted - beyoncé

xxxiv. THE FIFTH LIMB

~~~~~

BOOM. WHEN THAT CANNON WENT OFF, Thea wasted no time diving headfirst into the abyss of waves which lapped and resisted the girl. She speared through it as if there were nothing there to begin with. Everyone had seemed to be far behind the girl once she came up for breath and onto the strips of rock which sliced through the water equally. Thea could see Johanna still swimming from the corner of her eye but she sprinted to the Cornucopia, being the first one to claim supplies and weapons and shit. She grabbed a belt of knives and almost immediately, someone tried coming up from behind her with a sword he had swiped from his side of the Cornucopia. Thea let a knife slip from her fingers as if it were hot butter and it protruded stubbornly out of his chest like an icicle, allowing blood to drip. BOOM. The first cannon. The first death and most of the tributes hadn't even made it it the rocks yet.

The canon seemed to alert everyone caught in the waves because Thea noticed the waves grow larger and their movements became panicked.
Looking out onto the beach, she noticed four tributes head into the jungle without any weapons whatsoever. She made one of them out to be Johanna based on the absolute stentorian voice coming from her mouth. Rummaging in the back of the Cornucopia, she tried to find a trident for Finnick because she figured he'd be here soon... much like everyone else. And the heirloom had made it more than obvious that she can manange with her knives— she was highly proficient in stealthily whipping them from her belt and into the air. "Thea!" Finnick yelled as he stumbled onto the rocks, cautious not to slip from his wetsuit. "FINNICK!" she tossed him the weapon as they stood offensively, making sure to keep their eyes on all angles of the Cornucopia. "Are you okay? I heard the cannon," Finnick panicked, trying to catch his breath as he rasped out, searching the girl for injuries.

Thea breathed out a laugh "Yeah, that was me," her eyes searched his as if telling him she was okay. He nodded, his eyes rolling.

"Okay- uh- scan the perimeter, you go around there and i'll go the other," he instructed, gesturing to around the Cornucopia. Thea nodded, weary of what awaited her around the corner. Her gut spoke volumes— she knew she would get ambushed, or a cannon would go off and it would be Finnick's head on a spike right at the mouth of the Cornucopia. She didn't know how she would manage for the rest of the Games. Adrenaline and emotions were high, she didn't want to be there. She wanted to be at home, sitting in the water, with her friends by her side, throwing fish and sand at each other.

One. Two. Three. Four. Not even five steps around the corner before the guy from Eight decided he had a foot fetish— he rose from the water, grabbing her foot before knocking him down, giving him time to climb up but as soon as he did, she swept his foot from underneath him and he fell. Thea managed to get up, grunting at her leg which was probably now bruised from the impact— her shoulders were then grabbed by the Victor who put her in a headlock but she stumbled back so his head hit the Cornucopia. This provided time for Thea to try and reach for a knife but she was beaten to it by the guy from Eight who managed to acquire one and shove it straight into her abdomen. A pained groan left her mouth as she felt the steel blade seep into her flesh. This was when he got a bit cocky and pulled another knife from her belt but this time Thea managed to elbow him in the ribcage, sending him back until she finally ended it by throwing a knife point blank between his eyes.