𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭.

▶️ i feel it coming - the weeknd

xxviii. THE CLIENT

THE STREETS OF FOUR WERE RELATIVELY EMPTY. The wind spoke the loudest and Thea had no fucking clue why. The sun was dimmer than usual and the tarmac she walked along didn't have the same melted texture as normal. It was solid. The waves were quieter and the sand looked awfully grey.

Nobody wandered, meandered nor set foot anywhere along the streets. It were as if they all knew something Thea didn't and they hid.
"What the fuck?" she muttered, taking in her surroundings but the eeriness of it all made her walk even faster. She was trying to reconnect with nature after last night. She snapped at Finnick, lost it at the dinner table. She knew she wasn't the most well-liked person at the moment so she thought another Nature could persuade her otherwise.

Creak. There was someone there by the basement beside the docks. Creaks and murmurs came from the stairs. Thea began to walk more hastily but she was stopped when a pair of burly arms wrapped around her and a brown tweed bag was placed over her head, blinding her. "HEY! WHAT THE FUCK PUT ME DOWN! LET ME GO! ILL GIVE YOU MONEY. OR UH. I DONT KNOW LET ME GO!" Thea screeched but when she was tossed into a chair and the bag was removed, she was met with pretty much half the population of District Four.
Not really.
There were only about ten fishermen who worked at the docks crowding around her.

"What's going on?" her brow raised as she looked to each and every one of them. They looked between one another, knowing they're in this shit now, there's no going back and it's finally time.
"You're the catalyst for the revolution, Thea. You're a Victor-" one of the men cleared his throat, announcing to the dumbfounded girl.
"Yeah no shit I'm a victor what the hell are you talking about? Revolution? What?" Thea raises her brow, slightly panicked as to what they had gotten her into. "The revolution. Against the Capitol, against the Games, against Snow. You're what inspired the revolution and Katniss Everdeen is the way out. She's the Mockingjay,"

"Holy fucking shit you do know what Snow will do to me if he finds out? What he'll do to all of us?And what do you even mean by Mockingjay? Can someone explain?!" Thea cried. Her eyes widened beyond the normal amount but after what Snow did to her family, she wasn't taking any chances.
"Please, Miss Spencer, just consider it. For all of Panem," another one voiced up from the back. They all reeked of desperation. They needed this. Thea had no idea what was even happening but it looked like she needed this too, but she wasn't willing to take any chances.

——

THEA HAD BEEN ON EDGE FOR DAYS AFTER SHE HAD BEEN thrown in a basement and asked to overthrow the Capitol. She was weary to even leave her house because when she came back she was mortified to find everyone she'd ever loved hanging from a noose or shot dead in her living room. Ironic.