28

The mattress under me was comforting. I could feel the ray of sunshine kissing my bare face even with my eyes closed. The presence of chilly morning breeze in the room was quite prominent and the gentle sound of it was quite mesmerizing too.

I didn't want to wake up yet, I could use 5 more minutes to snuggle into my duvet. Hopefully that wouldn't get me late for University today. Well, even if I would be late.. it wouldn't matter that much I guess? At this point, I'm used to Jimin's handful of lectures why I should wake up earlier.

Yeah and sacrifice my precious sleep, sure.

Covid, that's what the virus was named, changed the world a lot. Deathbed was such a scary phenomenon, hoping I'd never have to experience that. It only felt like a nightmare, a nightmare came true. I wouldn't call myself a fortunate one, no, not at all, when people were dying out there and I had been privileged enough to escape the deadly virus. Partially because I was unconscious for God knows how many days until Jimin found me on my apartment floor. At least that's what he told me, the moment I woke up and found myself in a pale coloured hospital gown.

"What are you talking about, Tae? Did you have some weird dreams again? Do you want me call the doctor?"

"No! You don't understand Jimin! He..He...I don't know...I just..I just want to see them! Please where is Hara? I know she'll understand! Where's she?!"

"Who's Hara?"

No one. Perhaps a fictional character from my dream again. I could swear I was going insane when I found out that Hara didn't exist. No, I didn't believe it at first, tried finding out every single evidence of her existence searching through my apartment and several places, hoping something would be there to prove the existence of my elder sister, my ride or die since childhood..

Instead I found shattered hope within me.

Gemma's diavolo didn't even know someone with that name and looked at me as if I was some psychopath acting insane again.

"Taehyung, I suggest you to take a few more days off. You don't look well yet. And trust me if there was someone named Gemma working in this garage, I would definitely know"

Void.

I found myself in an empty void with no escape.

Was this all a dream?

But how?!

It felt too real to be one?!!

"Jungkook? Is it the name of your imaginary boyfriend? Tae! I told you to have your medications properly! Look at you now.. please Tae, take care of yourself. Do you have any idea how scared I was to find you unconscious?!"

I remained quiet. No point of asking about my baby if there's no trace of Jungkook either. I thought my mind was playing some kind of tricks with me. It was all messed up.

"Tae.. I don't know what Gemma you're talking about. And how can she be my crush? I thought you already you me being gay? And my uncle passed away a year ago..you were right there to give me your shoulder to cry on..
on his funeral... don't you remember..?"

And I lost all my hope. If all of them were only mere fragments of my imagination somewhat dream then why did I feel this desperate urge of finding them? Why didn't it feel right to believe the reality presented in front of me now?

I didn't have any answer to my own questions, no way to find them even. What happened after that? Did I really wake from a dream...?
Were all of them created by me only? Was I really sick and in need of medications? But why? What was happening?

After stepping out of the shower, I stood in front of the mirror. I might be late for my class again. But that seemed to be my least concern for now. Water still dripping from naked skin and wet hair. I didn't bother to dry myself yet. I was numb for a moment and felt my legs shaking. I was never an emotional wreck as long as I could remember myself. But then again I could barely distinguish the reality and my dream, if it was one. The sudden urge to cry my heart out became strong and this feeling didn't appear to be new to me. As if I've been through this before. The desperate urge to let the tears fall because I felt helpless.

My blurry vision travelled to my stomach through the mirror and I found my fingers touching the large noticeable scar right there. A scar so unknown to me yet a feeling of familiarity filled my mind.

"What's this?"

"You don't remember? You had a kidney stone removal surgery Tae.. do you still feel pain?"

I wanted to ask so many questions yet my lips only could utter 'no'. I didn't remember having such surgery though. But then again Jimin would never lie to me right. I trusted him. Because I wanted to.

Yet the thought of this particular scar made my mind go haywire. I could be wrong. Oh! I was definitely wrong! It was just my silly brain playing some tricks again and again. There was no way my thought could go right.

But I couldn't just drop the thought anyway.

Why did it seem like a c-section scar?