Chapter 13- Eventful night

Start from the beginning

'I know right?'

'Shay, don't mind me asking,' She placed her hand on the steering wheel and rocked her head back onto the seat, breaking our eye contact. I realized what she was doing because she drove off. Figure Andrew was approaching the car. Onto the main road now, she finally continued her question. 'Why aren't you sad? Not that I want you to be sad, but..um...you seem unaffected. You know...like..-'

'I know what you mean, but, I'm just confused.'

'I'm actually not confused. I told you I didn't like that bitch since the beginning. Shailene I told you.' She stretched on it now. Veronica saw through her before I did. And to think I used to trust Melanie with everything.

Veronica was clearly a better friend than she was.

Veronica only talked to Mel because we were a group of friends, one was friends with another and we just formed a little web, not necessarily liking anyone. Actually, I liked all of them...well minus one now.

'Yes, I know you told me, your expressions every time she spoke told it all.'

When we finally pulled up in front of my house, she asked, 'Do you wanna be alone? If you want company I can call and ask my mom to stay.'

'Yes, ask her, we could make murder plots for them both.'

'Okay now we're talking!' We laughed in unison.

*At the house*

We approached the door and I opened it.

Apparently witnessing one kiss wasn't enough to end my night.

As we walked into the house, we both witnessed this.

There was Martha, her body lost within my father's. Veronica stood next to me, clearly amused and we made eye contact. As I turned my head toward them, her shirt was thrown by my foot. I wasn't as traumatized as I should have been but...ew.

'Dad!' I didn't even have to fake my horrified expression. He looked up, and pushed her off of him. She was on the floor. He looked down at her for a second, just barely a second, and looked back up at us.

Lacy bra ey? Let's soil these plans she had.

Veronica helped me out. 'Mr. Haynesworth?' To make it better she said shockingly.

I didn't even bother, I'm sure after this, they'll find a room, but, just not tonight. 'Well, Veronica's staying over tonight. Bye.' I pulled her towards my bedroom, leaving dad to drown in stupor and Martha to delve deeper into how sooner or later, her plan is going to fail. Freak.

We made our way up the staircase and sat on the bed. Veronica spoke before I did. 'Shay, you're gonna have a new mommy soon.'

I gave her the death glare. 'Are you kidding me? I need to get rid of her, she's after his money.'

'Yeah but things are heating up real quick.'

'You think she's drugging him?'

'I think she's a-'

We were barely five minutes into talking when there was a knock on the door downstairs. Veronica and I looked at each other? It must be Andrew.

'Andrew wouldn't knock the door.'

'But just in case,' Veronica grabbed a stapler off the study table and said 'This ought to do it.'

'I have no baseball bat, sorry. Yeah, use that.'

We tramped down the stairs and there was a knock again.

Dad probably left with wretchy.

I looked at Veronica and nodded toward the door for her to open it. When she did and I saw her hand with the stapler relax, I took a peek from behind the now opened door.