1. so icy

one month ago
________

"Timaaa!" 

"In the laundry room babe!!" Fatima yelled back without taking her attention from sorting the blacks from the whites. It was quiet for a few before he called out for her again. "Oh my—" now annoyed she sat the basket down to crack the door and hang her head out "I'm right here!" she yelled and shut the door when she realized he was still downstairs.

Fatima bent over to grab the basket again, she looked down at the white button up shirt she must have missed earlier. She stood in the laundry room, her blood boiling at the sight of cheap, red lipstick as it lay staining the collar of her boyfriend's shirt.

Eventually she heard he his foot steps as he climbed the stairs. She stood frozen against the washer and dryer set, still clutching the shirt in her hands. She waited until he was inches from the door to open it."So this is how we doing shit now? You fucking on bitches all of a sudden? or you been fucking on bitches and you just got sloppy?" Fatima walked in to the hallway, holding the clear evidence she found behind her back.

"Fatima what are you—" his words were silenced by her stance in, blankly blinking at him before taking a few steps closer.

"Andre, don't give me that bullshit.. What is this?!"she threw a white button up at his feet in a way where the stain could be seen. They stood merely feet apart as the tension grew to a head.

"Fatima, it's not what it looks like"

She shook her head and stepped closer.
"Pick it up" she demanded without batting an eye.

"Just let me talk to you" Andre sighed, rubbing his hand over his face.

"Talk? So you want to fuck some bitch but talk to your girlfriend?" she darkly chuckled, placing both hands on her hips.
"She came onto me Fatima! I didn't even fuck her!"

"What is this shit then?" she kicked the shirt with her bare foot, "Huh? What the fuck is it? And you must be fucking her because you aren't fucking me! We hadn't had sex in weeks Andre. Either you fucking a bitch or you gotta thing for your broke ass homeboy"

"Chill out Fatima. That's some lame ass shit for you to even think of" he said like he had a reason to be upset. Selfishly, he took her moment of silence as his opportunity to explain himself and clear up this "misunderstanding" but Fatima pretty much zoned out when he started lying to her. She took pride in her intuition. She knew she wasn't tripping when the math began to math a few weeks ago. For the strange reason some women do, she waited for proof. That just goes to show you it's always when you least expect it.

"Baby? Fatima did you hear me? I said I'm sorry. When she hugged me it must've gotten on there. That's the only way baby" Andre went on with his story. Slowly carrying her eyes from the blank space on the wall behind him, she smiled when her eyes met his. A slightly panicked look appeared on Andre's face and he cautiously reached for her hand, "Fatt-" Fatima yanked her hand from his reach as her face changed to disgust. "Don't fucking touch me."

"Fatima, I love you. I'm sorry.." Andre began sniffing like he was crying but his face was bone dry. He reached for her hand again, actually grabbing this time and a she tussled against him. "Andre let me go. I said don't touch me" Fatima called out, pushing him off her and twisting her hand free from his grip.

"Baby! Please!! I need you Fatima! I can't do this shit without you" he sobbed, finally mustering up a single tear. To listen to him lie to her face, pissed her off even more.

Fatima and Andre have been dating for a little over a year. He's met her some of family and her close friends during this time and everybody loved Andre for her. When her intuition began shedding light on a few things, she kept quiet. Fast forward to this very moment and she regretted so much. Like ever given him the time of day in the first place. The guilt of wasting a year's worth of time with nothing to show for it hurt. The feelings she had grown for him were gone in an instant. There was nothing left to hold on to. Nothing else to care about.