Chapter 2

Later that day you all went to lunch. Luckily for you, Kiloni wasn’t there. You grabbed your tray and sat near the front of the table.

“Hey Jade.”, Chresanto smiled sitting in front of you. “I want you to meet my 4 other friends.”

You saw 3 people walking to the table with a fourth rushing behind them.

“Jade, this is Abby, Craig, Rayan, and Jacob.”, he said pointing to each. “Everyone, this is Jade.”

“Hey Jade.”, Abby said sitting down.

“You new here?”, Rayan asked.

You nodded and stuffed your face with food. Kiloni had walked past, giving everyone grim looks. She went to the other side of the cafeteria where her class was at, and sat down.

“What’s up with her?”, Jacob asked.

Craig shrugged. “She’s always like that.”

“Chresanto, I’ve told you bout that girl. Why do you still hang with her?”, Abby questioned.

“She’s my friend. I’ve known her for years.”, Chres sighed.

“But still—-“, Abby continued.

Chresanto cut her off. “But nothing ok! I don’t wanna talk about it.” He looked down at his tray and continued eating. 

Everyone was silent for a while.

“I think she hates me….”, you said breaking the silence.

“What?”, Rayan asked and everyone looked up.

” I don’t known. She just seems to be angry when I hang around Chresanto.”, you continued.

Craig sighed. “She’s like that. She doesn’t like it when people get close to her ‘best friend’. I guess it’s different with us though, cause he hang with him all the time.”

“Oh.”, you looked down. “Maybe I can get on her good side.”

Jacob shrugged. “Just maybe.”

After while of talking, you started being good friends with the others. You have laughs, and good stories to tell. Kiloni, on the other hand, did not like it. She was watching from a distance. When her class got up and made their way past your table, she pretended to trip on the edge of your chair and purposely spilt  chocolate milk all over your good white shirt.

“Oops. My bad.”, she smiled walking away.

You instantly stood up and groaned looking down at yourself.  You absolutely loved that shirt, and now it’s ruined. 

“Lemme help you with that.”, Abby said grabbing some napkins and cleaning you.

Everyone grabbed their trays ready to leave. “Chres, you seriously need to  put Kiloni in check. If you don’t, then someone else will.” , Craig stiffly said before walking off.

Chresanto looked back at you as Abby helped. He felt bad for Kiloni’s actions, he just didn’t know what to do. He always sticks up for Kiloni through thick and thin, no matter what. He didn’t want to hurt his best friend, but he knew it was wrong.