Part 8: friendly and charming

Bojan started leaning in, and I closed my eyes.

"Y/N? Have you seen my uhh..." I heard the door open.

Bojan backed away. I saw Lana standing in the doorway, looking at us with big eyes.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" she ran out of the room.

Bojan sighed, but I pretended as if I didn't hear that.

"Well, I should go get ready for the concert," Bojan said and gave me a small smile.

"Uh, yeah...Break a leg," I laughed awkwardly.

Bojan laughed with me, "See ya."

When Bojan left, I collapsed on the couch, letting out a groan. Later, Lana came back into the room.

"I'm so so sorry. Did I ruin it?" Lana had her eyebrows furrowed from anxiousness.

"Do you want me to lie?" I looked at her.

"No."

"Well, then you did," I scoffed.

"Ugh, I'm the worst. I should've knocked," Lana cried out.

"Don't worry, it's fine."

In the end, the Warsaw Eurovision party concert went well. I had a lot of fun and met artists that I didn't get to talk to before.

The warm air hit me as I stepped out of the airplane. We arrived in Tel Aviv. It was the next stop on the Eurovision pre-party tour. We soon arrived at the hotel, checked in, and I went to change for the press conference I had to attend.

"So I saw that rumours are starting to go around that you and the Bojan guy from Slovenia are acting very romantic with each other," my PR manager Ana said when we were driving to the press conference. "Is that true?"

"Uhm, I guess...Yeah. I think he likes me. Is that bad?" I asked nervously.

"Well, I spoke to their PR manager. We agreed that we should not deny the rumours. The people who watch Eurovision always love a romantic story, and if it's good, you have a bigger chance of people voting for you and you getting into the final."

"So what should I say if there's a question at the press conference about Bojan and I?" I realized how stressful it would be if somebody did ask a question like that.

"You just answer it truthfully. Just don't give away too much. It will leave people wanting for more," she smiled. "I'm sure you'll handle it. You can always dodge it or refuse to answer the question," she shrugged.

I was one of the first artists to arrive at the press conference. I went and found my assigned seat. I looked to see who was assigned to sit next to me, and I realized that fate likes to mess with me. There were two seats for Slovenia. After looking at the seats, I looked up and saw Kris and Bojan coming to sit at their seats. When Bojan saw me, his whole face lit up.

"Are you sitting next to us?!" Bojan was radiating excitement.

"Seems like it," I chuckled. Bojan immediately sat next to me. "Hi, guys," I said since we didn't greet each other. Kris waved at me.

"How was the flight?" Kris asked me.

"It was good. What about yours?" I asked both of them.

"It was also good. Bojan probably listened to all of your discography, like, three times throughout the flight," Kris joked. Bojan looked at Kris with an angry look.

I laughed, "Well, I think I can say the same. Listened to both of your albums fully."

Bojan looked me in the eyes and gave me his beautiful smile.

The press conference started soon after. Throughout the whole conference, Bojan and I exchanged some looks and smiles. All participating artists got to answer some questions, and it ended quicker than I expected. After the press conference, we had to give some individual interviews.

"So, tell me, Y/N, how are you enjoying the Eurovision journey so far?" the interviewer asked me.

"Well, the Eurovision parties are a lot of fun. I'm having a great time meeting all the extraordinary artists and performing for all the Eurovision fans. It's so exciting," I smiled at the interviewer.

"Speaking about other artists, have you bonded with any of them?" I could sense where she was leading to.

I laughed, "Yeah, I think I have. At the first pre-party concert, I got to know Diljá, and in Warsaw, I got to meet Mae, with whom I also bonded very well," I looked at her, thinking if she would ask something about a particular Slovenian band.

"I saw you covered the Slovenian band's song, Carpe Diem, for the project Eurovision has going on. Was there a specific reason why you decided on that song?" she raised her eyebrow.

"Well, I just really liked the song right from the moment I heard it. Plus, I met the actual band. They all are very friendly and charming, so I couldn't resist and decided that exactly that song would be the one," I smiled at her, feeling the tension rise.

"You said they all are charming, but maybe someone out of them stands out in particular? Like for example, the lead singer. You two seem very friendly with each other," she pointed the microphone at me, and I stood there for a second, thinking how to answer this.

"Bojan and I became great friends, and we relate to each other a lot, so..."

"Should we expect this friendship to end up having a romantic side?" I swallowed.

"I don't really know," I laughed nervously. "I guess time will tell."

"I guess so," the interviewer smiled at me. "Thank you for the interview, Y/N. We wish you the best of luck at the contest. All of us can't wait for your performance on the big stage."

"Thank you," I said. After thanking the interviewer again and saying bye, I walked away.

A little bit later, the participating artists got to plant a tree for a greener planet initiative. Bojan and I exchanged looks but didn't get to talk to each other. All that was left today was the rehearsal. In the end, it went by quickly, and finally, after a tiring day, I was back at the hotel in my room.

I was rolling around in my bed, struggling to fall asleep. My phone dinged. I checked to see that it was almost midnight. It was a text from Bojan.

Are you asleep?

No. Are you having trouble falling asleep too?

Guess I'm not the only one :)

Wanna come over?

I'll be right there.

I ran to the mirror to see if I looked decent. Then I chuckled at myself for inviting a man into my room in the middle of the night. I hope Bojan doesn't get the wrong message. I heard a knock and opened the door. He smiled at me.

"Come in," I smiled back.

"So, what's keeping you up?" I asked as I sat down on the bed.

"I could ask you the same thing," Bojan also sat down.

"I don't know...Maybe it's just stress," I shrugged.

Bojan and I got into talking about pretty much everything and anything. We somehow ended up lying down next to each other. Eventually, our conversations started having long pauses, and it was hard to focus on Bojan talking. I couldn't fight the urge to not fall asleep any longer.

This part is a gift from me to my readers in honour of Bojan's birthday!! Enjoy!!