11

The moment they stepped into the district everything was simply flashy, just like Tengen said

The moment they stepped into the district everything was simply flashy, just like Tengen said. There were girls calling guys into their respective brothels, and guys that were coming in and out of them. Y/N felt sad for the girls, some of them were even younger than her. They were either living in poverty or sold out due to loans. Behind every single sweet smile of theirs might be a miserable and broken soul.

"Oh dear me..." The older woman couldn't believe what she was seeing. "These are some ugly girls....." She muttered, referring to "Zenko", "Sumiko" and "Inoko".

Then, the older man beside her said, "Not at our place.. we just brought a new girl in a few days ago, so I'm sorry."

"But..."

Tengen raised his brows as he listened to him finishing his sentence.

"It would be great if you could consider letting the beautiful young lady beside you to be in our care.."

Y/N knew she wasn't in any place to refuse, so she looked to Tengen that was shaking his head. The next thing he said made her widened her eyes.

"I'm afraid not, mister. This young lady beside me is my soon-to-be wife."

Y/N nudged Tengen hardly at the side without the old man noticing as Tengen groaned.

"Ah.. is that so? That's a pity," the old man admitted. Tengen just put on a fake smile as he spoke.

The old lady beside the old man looked at Tengen with slightly flushed cheeks and said, "Well, one should be okay."

"Then I will entrust one to you. Sorry, ma'am." Tengen replied as he let a handsome smile which flustered the old lady more.

"Then we'll take the one in the middle. She seems so honest." The old man just looked at the old lady disappointingly.

"I will work as hard as I can!" "Sumiko" replied innocently.

And so Sumiko was hired. There was Zenko, Inoko and Y/N left.

"You guys are so worthless, I can only sell you guys for cheap.." Tengen said disappointingly.

"I'm not going to talk to you..." Zenitsu mumbled out lowly as he seemed displeased about Tengen.

Y/N looked at Tengen disappointingly, "What do you mean by I'm your soon-to-be wife? Jokes aside, Tengen-san. Mission comes first."

"Sorry, I just couldn't help it. Perhaps I really do want to marry you," Tengen replied as he winked at Y/N.

Y/N just deadpanned, not knowing Tengen was actually serious.

Sighing, Tengen asked Y/N, "Do you sense anything malicious from the house that Tanjiro is in?"

Y/N was known amongst the hashiras for a sharp sense, though it might seem unbelievable, she could actually sense something bad from a distance. Not to mention, she was quite good in reading people as well, but just a little bit oblivious and dense to the fact that the people closest to her wanted her.