Overthink the comment.

Kate
"Can you please do the dishes, I'm dying back here!" Said my coworker that i still have no idea what her name is.
"Of course, do you need to me to wash or dry?" I reply back hesitating.
"Please wash, my hands are killing me." I get onto doing the dishes as fast as I can because I have plans to go to after I do my part in the restaurant. I work in a family owned restaurant right next to the college that's local in town. So it gets pretty packed on the weekend nights, as college kids come rumbling through the restaurant either already drunk or want to get drunk. It's nothing new, but my parents feel the need to make work on these nights. The small town in New Jersey, has tons of people visiting, going to colleges, and etc. Though, I will have to admit seeing some of the college guys pulling up, gets me a little excited when I see if they're cute or not. Sometimes they come in with girlfriends, and that sometimes brings my chances down. But I do every now and then catch them staring at my appearance from time to time. It's not usual seeing a 22 year old with long luscious brown hair, and with emerald green eyes working at a family owned business on a Friday night. I see a new group of men that are about in their mid 30s, I usually always remember who comes in and out. We normally just have regulars on these types of nights. They are all in business attire. I see a guy that stands out more than any of them. He's tall, muscular, and has perfect teeth when he smiles. I let everyone know that I got them. I walk up to them "hi, welcome to Jersey's. Is there anything I can get you started with, a water, a beer?" I ask as they all scan my appearance. "I know what I want" says one of the guys with long bushy blonde hair looking me up and down. I laughed, and try to cover up me being uncomfortable after that comment. The guy that I saw earlier that stood out replies to him, "dude you can't say that shit, she probably has enough creepy men come through hitting on her. Don't be one of them." He says almost sounding a little defensive. The guy with the long bushy blonde hair throws up his hands and says "I'll just take a beer". "I'll take a beer also" "I'll also take a beer" as they all tell me. "Alright 4 beers coming up" I reply walking away. I fill up the beers in the icy cold beer cups. I look over to the table while doing so. The guy with the perfect smile is just staring at me. He smiles as I look up and catch him. Another guy that just awkwardly stares at me, really? I avoid what just happened as I walk back to the table with the beers. They all say thanks. "Can I get you guys any appetizers or meals to put in while I'm here?" I ask. "Yah we'll take the mozzarella sticks, and can we get a couple of orders of them? We're just going to share them and call it our meal" as the one guy I caught staring at me awkwardly replies with a smirk on his face. "Of course, they come in orders of 6. How many were you guys thinkin?" "Hmm, how about 3 orders?" "Sounds good I'll put the order in." I reply walking back into the kitchen to put up on the line of orders for my father to make. I assist other tables while waiting for the food to be ready for the tables I got assigned too. I feel the stare from the particular guy many times. I wonder what he wants from me. A one night stand? Probably, that's what a lot of guys come in and want from me. I hate to be that girl to say that, but it's the truth, and I hate it. About 15 minutes later,I hear the order for the table be done. And I head over to cash register to check tables out. As I look up I see the guy with the perfect smile standing right in front of me. It's awkward, it's the amount of awkward I can feel the warmth in my cheeks. He introduces himself with a hand up "I wanted to introduce myself, I'm Grayson, but everyone calls me Gray." I shake his hand "I'm Kate" "nice to meet you Kate" as he lifts my hand up to his mouth and kisses the top of my hand. "So do you own this place?" He asks looking around. "No my parents actually own the place, I just work here" I reply with a subtle laugh. "Well maybe we co-" his friends now calling over his name. "Come back here Gray, stop flirting with her" as they all chuckle. He looks back at me with an apologetic look. "Go, they need you over there it looks like" I laugh. "Ok I'll see you later." He says with a subtle wink, as he walks away. Did he just do that? Am I going insane? Or is he just really hot and I'm imagining things? "No Kate he just wants to fuck" I say to myself. I watch him while he eats questioning what he really meant by the "ok I'll see you later." comment he said. I continue entertaining the other tables as the question swirls in my head. I just know I am exactly right with what I said. But maybe, just maybe would it end differently? No Kate, it always ends the fucking same.