Ohio is not for lovers

Start from the beginning

Tara:" sounds kinda emo to me" she laughs

Y/n:" what else was I suppose to do" I say kind of rolling my eyes.

Jake:" y/n this is my friend Johnnie he lives with me

Johnnie: "hi.." he says covering his face with his hand
Oh goodness he's kind of cute I think to myself

Tara:" he's our emo friend, I think you guys would have a lot in common"

Y/n:" I don't know if that determines anything" I say laughing

We finish up the call by talking about their day and my estimated time I'll be arriving in the morning. I put my phone on the charger and start falling asleep.

*the next morning (8:00am) *

  I wake up and rub my eyes and pull my phone off the charger. It's 8:00am I need to get going. I see a instagram notification and I open it. It's a friend request, from Johnnie. I take a little more time scrolling through his profile looking at his pictures.

Okay I must admit he is very attractive, now I am very nervous on even meeting him. I'm such an awkward person and now I find him attractive. Why did he add me? I get my stuff together and get my clothes out for the day.

     Today is a big day for me, I get to meet my internet friend for the first time and her boyfriend and now Johnnie.

Why am I even worried about him I just need to play it cool no one is even going to know I think he's cute. I go to the bathroom brush my teeth I slide on a three days of grace T-shirt black jeans with holes all down them, and put on my black and white checkered vans. I look back in the mirror to start doing my makeup. I did my usual the lightest shade of foundation that still seems too dark for my skin, some back under eyeliner and black eyeshadow with mascara.

My hair is pretty straight so all I had to do was brush it to make it look better. I too have the quote on quote OG emo hairstyle. All my layers and fringe with the swoop almost covering one eye. I finish by putting on my bracelets to cover my arms more. I get everything in my car and get going.

* skip to arriving at Taras*

Finally I am home... for now.

I get my phone out and call Tara

*ringing*

Y/n: " so guess what" I say with a smirk on my face.

Y/n :" I'm here " I say getting out of the car walking up to her apartment door.

     She hangs up the phone and at the same time she is running out the door and runs right into me with a huge hug that knocks us to the ground.

"Ahhhh my bestfriend is finally here" she says as we both are laughing and trying to get up but still not wanting to let go.

" you are so pretty in person too I cannot believe that"
I say just staring at her.

" me?" She says sounding in shock

"Look at you" she finishes.

Jake comes out and helps me bring in my essentials for now.

"Thank you Jake it's very nice meeting you" I say hugging him.

" not a problem, you are very short like Tara" he says patting my head

"Rude" I say laughing as we all walk in.

"Johnnie is on his way here right now" Jake says shutting the door behind us all.

"Alright" I said with an exciting tone.

Oh no was that obvious. I think in thinking too much into it.

As time passes we get some of my things unpacked I mostly brought my clothes and some random clutter, I don't have much so it was pretty easy.

*knock knock*

"It's Johnnie" Tara says with her happy voice she always has. She opens the door and he comes in.

"Hey bud come here"Jake says hugging him and bringing him over to me.

"Hey y/n" he says to me kind of nervously

"Hey" I say back to him.

We just stand there looking at each other for a minute. His blue eyes are so mesmerizing. The way his hair looks messy but also very attractive at the same time.

"Okayy... that was kind of awkward" Tara broke the silence.

"I'm sorry" Johnnie says and hugs me.

"Hopefully that broke the awkwardness" he said but actually just made it more awkward.

I go and sit on the couch and Tara and Jake go into the kitchen.

"So how was your trip" Johnnie says sitting next to me

"Very long" I say chuckling

" but it's worth it I get to be with my bestfriend now"

" we are all excited to have you here" he said smiling at me.

Oh my god his smile is cute too. We just sit there looking at each other again not saying a word. I wonder what he's thinking. Omg I feel so sweaty and nervous.

" want to put on some music" he says grabbing the remote to the tv.

"Yeah, sure" I say hoping it will kill the silence.
He turns on some mcr and we just sit there again.

"Alright I'm heading out for the night you coming Johnnie" Jake says

" sure" he kind of shrugs

" we should be seeing each other tomorrow" he says looking me in the eyes so deeply. Why is he looking so deeply.

Tara comes into the living room with me and sits down.

"Sooo how are you feeling? What do you want to do?" She says with excitement in her voice.

" I'm very tired" I say fidgeting my hands

" well let's get some sleep we got shopping to do tomorrow " she says as I follow her to the room.

We hop in the same bed that we will be sharing for now until we can clean out her spare room that she just has extra clothes in.

"Why was that so awkward " she asks

"Why? What was?" I say very nervously

"Johnnie" she said leaning up looking at me with a smirk

"Hmmm I don't know"

" y/n come on I've known you for 2 years maybe not in person but I definitely know when something is off" she says in a very serious tone.

" you know" what did I even say. I'm so dumb obviously she doesn't know.

" do you think he's cute? " she says with her hand over her wide open mouth and her eyes wide.

" stop Tara" i said starting to blush

" y/n! That would be so cute. We need to get this happing"

"What happening" I say very concerned

" you know" she says smirking repeating how I answered previously.

I knew what she meant. But I don't think it would even happen. No one likes me like that. Ohio isn't for lovers why would California be?

🫶🏻Sorry for a long chapter I'm going to try and make them very lengthy. How do you guys feel about this so far. This one was pretty much a short backstory and a setting for the storyline. I am sorry if it wasn't that interesting but now since we got here we can get more juicier.

This chapters music reference is "Ohio is for lovers" Hawthorne heights

Word count: 1904