There was no response after that and the room fell silent.

I just held Danielle in my arms for a while.

"Do you think we'll still be friends after all of this?" Dani suddenly asked.

"I don't know. I hope so," I lowly replied.

Danielle suddenly lifted herself up from my chest and looked at me.

"I want us to be friends no matter what happens from now on. I don't think I could ever live in peace again without knowing that you're okay," Dani started to tear up again.

I sat up on my bed and nodded.

"Of course, how can I ever forget the annoying girl that saved my life," I joked as a coping mechanism.

It was hard to not treat everything as a joke.

The alternative to laughing about the hard parts of life.... was drowning in trauma... and I didn't want that.

"Hey!!" Danielle playfully pushed me.

"Oh, C'mon!" I playfully pushed her back.

"If you had a weirdo you didn't know constantly coming to you in public and asking, 'What are should doing?', you'd be annoyed and weirded out too!!" I tried to defend myself.

"Hey! In my defense, I thought you were cute. I just wanted to know what the hell you were doing!!" Dani almost pushed me off the bed.

"Wwwooahh!!" I exclaimed, catching myself right at the edge of the bed.

"You trying to kill me!!" I teased.

"Oh, shut up!" Dani playfully rolled her eyes.

I couldn't help but smile widely.

Things between me and Danielle had been so tensed since her birth. It was nice to finally take a moment to just relax and talk like regular friends.

"Anyway, whatever school you ended up going to. I'm sure you'll do well," I tried to reassure her.

"You just gotta make sure to leave me a Jerry behind, so I can always remember you," I shyly smiled.

I didn't know Danielle's obsession with naming everything Jerry, but I could say that Jerry just reminded me of her.

I don't think I could ever not hear the name Jerry ever again and not think of her.

"Deal!!" Dani cutely exclaimed.

- Danielle POV -

Y/n was actually being really nice for once. They weren't teasing or being mean or trying to avoid me. They were just trying to comfort me and make me feel better.

"This movie is not what I thought it would be," I lowly commented, snuggling on Y/n's chest.

Y/n and I had decided to watch a movie called, "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty". Apparently it was one of Y/n's favorite movies.

"What did you think it was about?" Y/n asked, holding me tighter.

I hadn't even realized that we were cuddling. Until, my mom walked in the room.

"Oh!" I exclaimed.

"I've been calling you kids down to come and eat," Mom awkwardly informed us.

Y/n and I looked at each other for a second, before realizing we had been too distracted with our conversation and everything to realize mom had been calling us.

"Sorry, Mrs. Mo.... Danielle and I were just talking about graduation and then we got distracted by a movie," Y/n politely answered mom.

Mom nodded a bit hesitantly and furrowed her brows for a second.

It felt like she didn't like whatever she had just walked in to .

"Okay, well come down and eat once you two are done bonding," Mom still looked a bit confused as to what she had walked into.

"Yeah, maybe you could join us for the movie too. It's a really good movie!" Y/n exclaimed.

Mom smiled widely at Y/n's remarked and seemed to ease up a bit.

"Yeah, okay. We can have a family movie night!" Mom's worries seemed to fade.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Who has more to worry about Y/n or Danielle? .-.