Bombs, Spiders, and Dinner

Start from the beginning

Frisk: "Well that's good to hear!"

Ben: "Especially considering we kinda need you to get out of here."

Alphys: "T-Thank you." She clears her throat. "A-Anyway, don't worry about that b-big d-dumb robot. I'll protect you from him! A-And if it really c-came down to it, we could just turn...um, nevermind. Later!"

Alphys hangs up, and Ben puts his phone away as the three start moving forward. Again.

Chara: "Hey, I just thought of something a little bit ago."

Frisk: "What was it?"

Chara: "I'm not completely certain, but I think Alphys may be working with Mettaton."

Ben: "Huh? What makes you say that?"

Chara: "Well, for starters, she made Mettaton. Secondly, your phones have twice now had something we needed to get past Mettaton. I don't believe that's a coincidence."

Frisk: "If that's the case, why would she help us? If Alphys was working with Mettaton, would Alphys be helping us?"

Chara: "That's what I'm trying to figure out."

Ben: "Let's just not jump to conclusions. It's possible that Alphys put those features on the phones in case we DID need them. She is a scientist after all."

Chara: "That is true." They start waking down a path, where they can see the core from their right. "I just feel a bit uneasy is all."

Ben: "Well, don't worry too much about it. Me and Frisk will take care of it."

Frisk nods enthusiastically, somewhat easing Chara as the three continue on their way.

=============================================================================================

After a short elevator ride, meeting a spider lady, solving some puzzles, and hearing about Alphys's favorite show, the three humans reach an area full of webs and spiders.

Chara: "Ick." She floats a little higher off the ground. "I hate spiders."

Ben: "They literally can't hurt you. You're a ghost."

Chara: "That doesn't make them any less disgusting!"

Ben rolls his eyes and the three start moving through the room, with Ben and Frisk having to trudge through some webs.

???: "Ahuhuhuhu." The sudden voice stops the humans. "Did you hear what they just said?"

Ben: "Okay, it doesn't seem like she's talking to us." He whispers, and he begins tip-toeing away. "Let's move."

Frisk follows his steps, and the voice continues speaking.

???: "They said a human wearing a striped shirt, and a human wearing a white jacket will be coming through here."

Ben and Frisk continue to sneak through the room, trying to be as quiet as possible.

???: "I heard that they hate spiders."

Ben and Frisk tip-toe a little bit faster, eventually having to trudge through much thicker webs.

???: "I heard that they love to stomp on them." The voice continues. "I heard that they like to tear their legs off."

Ben and Frisk try to keep moving, but they eventually get stuck.

Frisk: "I can't move!" She whisper-yells as she struggles against the webs. "I'm stuck!"