Bombs, Spiders, and Dinner

Beginne am Anfang

Frisk slowly calms down, relaxing into the back rubs. She meekly nods her yhead as Mettaton continues.

Mettaton: "BRAVE CORRESPONDENTS, IF YOU DON'T DEFUSE ALL OF THE BOMBS," He points to a larger, red bomb in the upper area. "THIS BIG BOMB WILL YOU TO SMITHEREENS IN TWO MINUTES! THEN YOU WON'T BE REPORTING "LIVE" ANY LONGER!"

Chara: "That's pretty graphic."

Mettaton: "HOW TERRIBLE! HOW DISTURBING! OUT NINE VIEWERS ARE GOING TO LOVE WATCHING THIS! GOOD LUCK, DARLINGS!"

As Mettaton flies away, Ben's phone gets another call. He answers it while still rubbing Frisk's back.

Alphys: "D-Don't worry! I installed bomb-defusing programs on your phones!"

Chara: 'That's awfully convenient. Who would put bomb-defusing stuff on a phone?' She starts stroking her chin. 'Come to think of it, why would she put a jetpack feature on it either? Unless she...knew they would need it later?' She shakes her head. 'I'll see what Ben and Frisk think of this later.'

Alphys: "Use the 'defuse' option when the bomb is in the DEFUSE ZONE! N-Now, go get 'em!"

Alphys hangs up, and Ben quickly puts his phone away.

Ben: "We both need to defuse as many as we can, okay?"

Frisk: "G-Got it!"

The two run off to defuse as many bombs as they could.

=============================================================================================

Both Ben and Frisk meet up at the big bomb, shortly after taking care of the basketball and the cup, with 45 seconds to spare. That's when Mettaton flies back in.

Mettaton: "WELL DONE, DARLINGS! YOU'VE DEACTIVATED ALL OF THE BOMBS! IF YOU DIDN'T DEACTIVATE THEM, THE BIG BOMB WOULD'VE GONE OFF IN TWO MINUTES! INSTEAD, IT'LL EXPLODE IN TWO SECONDS!"

Ben puts Frisk behind him, and he reaches for the Omnitrix, ready to use it at a moment's notice.

Mettaton: "GOODBYE, DARLINGS!"

Well over two seconds pass, and nothing seems to happening, putting the humans at ease.

Mettaton: "AH. IT SEEMS THE BOMB ISN'T GOING OFF."

Ben gets another call from Alphys, which he answers, putting it on speaker.

Alphys: "That's b-because!!!! While you were monologuing...I.....I f...fix....Um...I ch-change..!"

Mettaton: "OH NO. YOU DEACTIVATED THE BOMB WITH YOUR HACKING SKILLS."

Alphys: "Yeah! That's what I did!"

Chara: 'Mettaton just finished Alphys sentence. Something is definitely wrong.'

Mettaton: "CURSES! IT SEEMS I'VE BEEN FOILED AGAIN! CURSE YOU, HUMANS! CURSE YOU, DR. ALPHYS, FOR HELPING SO MUCH! BUT I DON'T CURSE MY WONDERFUL VIEWERS FOR TUNING IN!!! UNTIL NEXT TIME, DARLINGS!"

Mettaton flies off, likely to start some other scheme.

Alphys: "W-Wow...W-We really showed him, huh?"

Ben: "I guess so."

There's a short pause, which is broken by Alphys.

Alphys: "H-Hey, I know I was kind of weird at first, but I really think I'm getting more....uh, more....m-more confident about guiding you two!"