twenty five ・❥・ the aftermath

・❥・

Lolas pov...

My head was pounding, worse than it ever had before. A headache was how I usually woke up, however, as I tried to move my aching body, I realised the headache wasn't my only problem. Someone was weighing me down, someone had their arm wrapped tightly around my body.

With my eyes still closed, I dug the palm of my hands into them as I tried to force the pain in my head to die down. Everything was messy, I couldn't remember how I got back into my bed- how I made it to Tejs.

A groan threatened to slip past my lips as I forced my aching body to sit up, however, it lodged itself back in the back of my throat when the sound of someone else groaning echoed through the air, a sound I recognised too well.

My eyes flew open as I pulled my sheet over my naked body and practically flew off of my bed. He was rolling around in my bed, he had his arm around me. Suddenly, the memories of the night before came flying back.

The talk, Monica, Rome, the bathroom, the kissing, the sex, me bringing him back, us stumbling into my room both wasted, us not being quiet.

All the sex.

I was awake, still slightly still, but sober enough to realise just how much of a fucking idiot I was. I was up to my neck in problems before him, already having to deal with too much bullshit.

And I had just made it so much worse for myself.

Rage raced through my veins as I held the sheet up to my body with a death grip. "Brian." I snapped in a hiss. "Brian."

"What?" He groaned whilst sleepily rubbing at his eyes, looking as dazed and confused as I felt when I woke up. "Lola-"

"Get dressed and get out." I snapped.

I was on the edge of exploding, the rage was consuming me, my tongue was too loose to be around him. My chest rapidly rose and fell as I forced myself to breathe, to not lose my fucking shit and go crazy.

He was moving too slowly, tripping over, taking too many breaks.

The longer he was in my room, the closer I was to being pushed over the edge. I couldn't breathe, couldn't focus on anything but him- and it was making me murderous. I should have stayed with Rome, should have gone home with him, it wouldn't have been as messy. It wouldn't have turned into a shit show.

"Hurry up and get out." I snapped in a cold, low whisper.

"Lola-"

"Leave."

I didn't want to hear him out, didn't want to hear what he had to say to me. It was drawn all over his face, a grimness that I also felt. Though he didn't look as angry as I was, he didn't look as pissed off at the situation- he looked almost sad.

"I don't care what you have to say, Brian. You need to get the fuck out." I didn't care that it sounded like I was pleading, whatever got him out quicker the better.

"Lola." He sighed with a shake of his head.

There was a regret in his eyes. It was there only for a second, but it didn't matter because I saw it.

"Nobody has to know." I muttered in a cold whisper. "Don't worry, I won't tell Monica."

He regretted what happened? That made two of us.

"What?" He shot back whilst recoiling away. "That's not-"

"Get out." I hissed.

I was backed in the corner, naked and clutching only a thin sheet. I felt vulnerable, too vulnerable, and on instinct I was going into fight mode. If he left silently, without me having to say anything, the aftermath might not have been so bad. I would have freaked out, I would have probably lost it, but I would have done it alone.

I wouldn't have had Brian's eyes on me, watching me lose my shit. I could tell he thought I was losing my mind. I was a walking ball of rage, I always had been- he just hadn't seen that side of me. He saw a different side of me, he hadn't ever seen the side of me that Dom had spent years trying to keep on the down low, the side that scared him.

"Lola." He muttered, unmoving, not showing any side of leaving.

Heaving, I narrowed my eyes and clutched the sheet tighter. "GET OUT!" I suddenly screamed.

"Can we just talk-"

"GET OUT BRIAN! GET OUT! LEAVE!"

"NO, NOT UNTIL WE TALK." He surprised me by screaming back, but I didn't want to talk, I couldn't take about any of it yet, I needed ibuprofen and some fucking space- and he didn't understand that, he didn't understand that he was fucking suffocating me.

"GET THE FUCK OUT!" I screamed, full of rage and refusing to hide it. "LEAVE! JUST FUCKING LEAVE-"

"What the hell is going on?" Tej suddenly demanded as he flew into the room.

"GET HIM OUT OF HERE TEJ!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "GET HIM OUT OF HERE BEFORE I KILL HIM! LEAVE, BRIAN! JUST LEAVE!"

There was a ringing in my ear, one I was sure was fuelled by the anger that consumed me. I watched as Tej took Brian's arm, as he started to pull him out the room. Brian's eyes were on me the entire time, and there wasn't a single thing in them.

The pleading was gone, the regret was gone, the sadness was gone- as he was dragged out of my room, he looked at me as if I was a stranger.

・❥・

This is short but I wanted to do a separate aftermath chapter.

Let this be a life lesson, sleeping with your ex never ends well.