two ・❥・who runs the streets?

・❥・

Lola's pov...

Illegal racing was what I lived and breathed for. I lived for the moment I slammed my foot on the pedal, the music, the cars, the cash, the adrenaline. The euphoria of it all intoxicated me in the most addictive way. I lived for the next moment I got to race, to finally breathe.

My soul was made for racing.

"On a scale of one to ten how badly do you think this is going to go?" Mia asked, a hint of a frown on her face as she chewed on her bottom lip.

"Ten." I said without hesitation.

Dom was right, there were more cops around than normal, even though there was a homicide on the other side of town, I still had a bad idea about the race.

"Lola!" Someone suddenly called as I got out of the car. "Damn girl, looking good."

"Thank you." In a black mini skirt, knee high boots and a very see through tight top, I looked my best.

The fashion at races was another thing I lived for- the outfits everyone wore never missed.

As I flipped my hair over my shoulder, my eye caught someone lingering a few feet away from me.

Brian.

Slowly, I shook my head, only for a grin to break out across his lips. As he walked over to me, I crossed my arms against my chest and leaned against my car, studying him. Suddenly, he was standing close to me, dangerously close.

My eyes flickered over to Vince who stood not too far away before looking back at the boy in front of me. "You have got a death wish." I muttered under my breath, knowing he was close enough to hear me.

"I'm not scared of anyone." He shot back without missing a beat, bringing a hint of a smirk to my lips.

He was so utterly addictive, he was like heroin, flooding my veins and consuming me. He played the game better than I did- and nobody played my game better than me. Nobody challenged me the way he did. He challenged people as much as I did. He was so addictive it made me hate him more than anything. Never had I ever been as interested in a person as I had been in Brian.

However, I brushed it off as an obsession that would soon disappear- nobody held my attention for long.

He was just a phase.

"Interesting." I hummed, poking the bear.

I watched through narrowed eyes as he slid closer to me. "How so?" He muttered  whilst tipping his head down to look at me.

"Everyones scared of my brother."

"Not me."

His answer pissed me off for some strange reason. Maybe because it felt wrong for him to say, everyone was scared of Dom, or maybe it was because his answer only intrigued me more and that made rage flood my veins.

I hated him for it.

"You racing?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"That's the plan."

"Lucky you." I snapped with a roll of my eyes, hating the fact that I was missing out on the chance to beat his ass due to Dom's paranoia.

His brows furrowed as he slightly tilted his head to the side. "You not?"

"No." I answered with a shake of my head. "Dom's still salty about the time that I beat his ass so I can't race when he does." It wasn't the reason Dom gave me but the reason I suspected.