20

Jia' POV

"Jia your father told m—"  my stomach drops to the floor as soon as I recognize the owner of this voice and I'm sure Mingyu recognized this sound ten times faster than I do because it's a person he used to be best friend with for years.  "Kim Mingyu?" the three of us now are standing so still looking at each other, trying to catch up to the situation.

"Why is he here Jia?" Mingyu turn his fully attention to me, waiting for the answer that I don't have.

"Why can't I be he—" Jungkook got cut mid sentence by Mingyu.

"Shut the fuck up I'm not asking you."  Mingyu raised his brows a bit trying to collect all the information that I've been feeding them. "So he's the cousin you talking about?"

I was completely dumbfounded, things shouldn't be this way and I don't know what to say anymore even Jungkook is confused too, he doesn't understand what we're talking about.

I feel so bad, I feel like I betrayed the boys especially Mingyu when all they do is being good friends to me and put me first every time. I'll have to admit that i don't want to lose Mingyu same as to everyone because I think I found my people now I don't want to ruin everything again. Please.

"Yes I lied." I don't know where i find my confidence to remain my face straight when my thoughts are so messy inside my head. "It was because I know you guys wouldn't be happy if I told the truth. And our fathers are friends we're not."

I know more than anyone that what I just said will offend Jungkook but I couldn't care less, it's not the time for me to be worry about anyone's feeling when my friendship is about to crash.

"So you chose to lie and think it is a smart decision? Because you're wrong Jia." Mingyu smile at us and it's more like a mock. His eyes are full of angered and disappointment that he has for me.

"What's wrong with you Kim Mingyu? Who do you think you are?" Jungkook fast and forcefully grabs Mingyu's collar and i gasp so loud I think people inside will hear it. "You're not in a place to tell her who she should be friend with because I don't want to get involved with you too. I hate you and your betrayer, father!!" Jungkook shouted his last words which gets him back a hard fist in the face from Mingyu.

Jungkook unsteadily taking few steps back due to the hard force on his face. But as soon as he get back on his feet he jump to return the punch back, it makes their lips bleeding and I'm scared we might get in even more trouble if our fathers see this mess. So without thinking I butt in between them and use all my strength to break them apart even I might get hurt accidentally. I have no time to worry. "Please stop! Mingyu please." I try to reach for his wrist to calm him down. "Let's talk another time. My father is inside we might get in trouble, please."

I tried to emphasised the word 'please' to let him know that I'm serious and I think it works out because his eyes become a little bit softened. So I take the opportunity to turn to Jungkook who's standing behind me. "Jungkook please get back inside, i don't want our fathers to see all this. Please do it for me." He glared at Mingyu one last time before he go back inside and I'm so glad he still listens to me.

Mingyu eyes are looking straight to mine, to study me, to see if I lie to him again. I just know it so I let him be, as long as he's not mad again I'm fine. "Is it hurt?" I ask while I whip the blood on his lip away with my bare finger.

"You know I hate him right?" He asked me but not in anger, this time in more sadness or disappointment I can't tell. Maybe both. "You know he looks down on me and try to step on my head too but you still— I don't know."

To be honest, it's the very first time to me that I feel that way. I feel bad, I feel sorry, I feel scare all in one. It makes my hands trembling and i know I shouldn't be like this, it's so not me. The Jia I've been all my life never afraid to lose people, never even put myself in a situation where I have to explain myself and my decision to anyone. But here I am in front of a person who I know less than 3 months, persuading him for the understanding. Who am I? I don't even know myself right now.

"It wasn't my choice that he is here today. And I know that you're too piss to listen to all of this now so I promise I will tell you everything Mingyu-ahh." I whip the blood that keeps bleeding from his lip again, I bet it will be swollen in the morning. "It's late you should go home now." and Mingyu is too soft to not get along and do as what I told him even I'm sure he has so many questions in his head that need me to answer.

After finally sending Mingyu off I have to go back into the house and I have no idea what I should explain to them about what just happened here. Not mentioning the bruises on Jungkook's face. I'm going to die again this time. I wish I can disappear or be invisible, God help me.

"Is your friend going home already?"  Uncle Jeon asked looking all clueless. "You should've invite them inside Jia."  I don't reply him, I'm just trying my best to force my smile while looking at Jungkook who pretending to eat something like he didn't just got beaten up 5 minutes ago.

"Jia go tell the maids to scrub the floor in the front yard again. It's embarrassing for making my guest injured like that." Scrub the floor at 11:30 pm? Didn't they already do it this morning? I don't know what is he up to so I just look at him in confusion. It has to take 2-3 hours to finish the entire place at least.

"Yes uncle. It's so slippery I'm afraid someone might fall too."  Jungkook eyeing me to help him put the show. "Jia's friend saw it too I'm so embarrassed."

Uncle Jeon is fully buying his words since he is super chill and keep cheering his glass with my father, they look drunk and I'm so glad they do. "I will tell them to do it tomorrow dad." 

As my gaze meet Jungkook I mouthed him a thank you when my eyes say 'sorry' to him and I want him to know that I really do. He doesn't pay his attention to me anymore but his phone, he somehow looks so blank his face is dead serious. He is a completely different person he was a few hours ago and I can't blame him for that.

                   ________________________