mahi and the entire team

19th November 2023......

The dimly lit dressing room which was once filled with laughter and joy was now filled with an air of heavy silence, broken only by the occasional sniffles and quiet sobs.

The World Cup 2023 had just concluded, and the Indian cricket team faced an unexpected defeat.

Rohit Sharma, the captain, sat with his head hung low tears freely flowing from his eyes. Virat, sitting besides Rohit held his hand tightly, letting his tears flow freely. Both best friends who had dreamt of lifting the trophy together, found themselves grappling with the reality of defeat.

Siraj, known for his fiery spirit on the field, sat slumped on the floor, his face buried in his hands. The weight of the defeat hit him hard, and he couldn't contain the overwhelming flood of emotions. His loud sobs echoed in the room, a raw expression of the pain they all felt.

Jassi and Kl, both visibly concerned for him, rushed to Siraj's side. Jassi pulled him in an embrace and Kl placed a comforting hand on Siraj's shoulder; himself breaking down as well. Jassi's tears also made their way to his eyes and the three of them held each other.

On the other side of the room, Ishan, typically the bubbly soul of the team, sat silently with tears streaming down his face. Shubman, exhausted and emotionally drained, found solace leaning on Ishan's shoulder.

Jaddu, tried to console Kul and Shrey, who were sat with tears rolling down their cheeks. Jaddu, usually composed, couldn't hide his own tears but spoke with a soothing tone, "It hurts ik, but we'll come back stronger. This is not the end" and hugged a very crying Kuldeep.

Meanwhile, Surya had his arm around Harry, both silently shedding tears of disappointment.

The room was filled with quiet solidarity of a team bound by more than just cricket.

Shami, Ash and Shardul sitting in far corner, shared a silent understanding. They knew the pain each other felt but chose to weather it in solitude, respecting the depths of their emotions.

Amidst the heavy atmosphere of the dressing room, Rohit's phone rang, cutting through the silence like a lifeline. He quickly answered, and the familiar face of Mahi appeared on the screen, inviting them into a video call on the laptop.

"Boys, come over. It's Mahi bhai," Rohit announced to the team, his voice carrying a mix of exhaustion and hurt.

As the players gathered around the laptop, the screen filled with the calming presence of Mahi. His heart broke looking at all the tear stained faces of his kiddos.

"Ro, cheeku baccha, let it out," Mahi's voice echoed through the laptop speakers. The comforting and caring voice of Mahi, broke all the emotional barriers Rohit and Virat were holding. Rohit and Virat sitting beside each other, succumbed to the weight of their emotions, broke down.

Seeing their Ro bhai and Vi bhai in such vulnerable states, the juniors couldn't hold back their tears either. Jassi hid his face in Kl's embrace and broke down. Ishan just sat down with head in his eyes and broke down, Shubman knelt down and pulled him into an embrace, calming him down. Everyone else was comforting each other and silently confronting their own griefs.

The call became a haven of mutual understanding and shared emotions. Mahi encouraged everyone to express to their feelings, reassuring them that vulnerability was not a sign of weakness but a testament to their passion and love for the game.

"Boys, Mahi began, his voice steady and reassuring, "these moments are tough, but remember, cricket is a game of uncertainties. We win some, we lose some. It doesn't define us; it's about how we rise after a fall."