Rahul - Virat

requested by malhotra_myra

Comforting hugs

Year 2013

It was Kl Rahul's ipl debut and he was going to be with his idol Virat Kohli in the same team, to say he was nervous was an understatement.

Kl rahul had idolized Virat Kohli for as long as he could remember. The idea of sharing the dressing room with his cricketing hero was both exhilarating and nerve-wracking.

As the nught before his debut approached, Rahul found himself unable to sleep, his mind racing with thoughts of the upcoming match. He paced around his hotel room, the wight of expectations and the fear of unknown bearing down on him.

The corridor outside his room was dimly lit, the hotel quiet as the world outside slept peacefully.

Unbeknownst to Rahul, Virat Kohli, the captain of the team and a seasoned campaigner by then, was also restless. An innate sense of leadership had driven Kohli to take a stroll, perhaps calm his own pre-match jitters.

As Virat wandered through the silent hallway, he caught sight of a figure in the distance - a nervous silhouette that seemed to be battling with inner demons.

Drawn by a shared sense of restlessness among cricketers, Virat approached the pacing figure, and to his surprise, it was none other than KL Rahul.

"Hey, Rahul, sab theek hai? Itna late kya kar raha hai tu?" Virat inquired,  his voice a comforting presence in the stillness of the night.

Startled, Rahul stammered, "Uh, woh neend nahi aa rahi thi, Virat bhai. Kal ke liye thoda nervous hu."

Virat, sensing the anxiety in the young cricketer's voice, placed a reassuring hand on Rahul's shoulder. "It's natural to feel nervous before your debut, I've been there too you know. Chal, let's talk."

He guided Rahul to a quiet corner of the hotel lobby, where they could sit and converse away from the prying eyes of the night.

Seated on a couple of plush chairs Virat looked into Rahul's eyes and said, "I remember my debut vividly.  It was nerve-wracking. But you know what got me through it? The support of my teammates, especially Ro and Mahi bhai."

Rahul's eyes widened with curiosity and perhaps a hint of relief.

"I was so nervous that i almost ran out of the dressing room to calm myself down. And then there was Mahi bhai who sat beside me and listened to my rants, at that time i realized there was no need for me to be nervous, cuz i had Mahi bhai and the entire team beside me." Virat replied with a smile which calmed Rahul down to the maximum extent.

"It's okay to be nervous, Rahul. It shows you care. But remember, once you step onto that field, it's just another game of cricket. The same game you've played countless times before," Virat spoke with a wisdom that came from years of experience.

Feeling a connection with his idol, Rahul couldn't help but open up about his fears. "I've looked up to you for so long, Virat Bhai. Sharing the dressing room with you is a dream come true, but it's also intimidating."

Virat smiled warmly and pulled Rahul into an unexpected hug. "You're my kiddo now, Rahuliya. No need to be intimidated. We're a team, a family. I believe in you, and so does the entire squad. You've earned your place here, and i can't wait to see you debut in indian team as well baccha."

The unexpected embrace and nickname caught Rahul off guard, but he felt a surge of warmth and reassurance. Virat released him from the hug, ruffling his hair affectionately. "You're a champion, and a champions don't let nerves get better of them. Tomorrow is your day, and i have no doubts you're going to kill it out there."

Those words, simple yet profound, had an impact on Rahul. A tear welled up in his eye, a mixture of emotions flooding his senses. Virat noticed this and jokingly replied, "aree rahuliya mai itna bura nahi hu ki tu rona chalu karde."

"Virat bhai aise nahi, aap bhi na", Rahul replied chucking wiping his tears.

"Koi na champ, we've all been there. Just remember you're not alone in this journey. Chal abhi look at the time, kal khelna hai na? Soja and don't overthink." Virat said as he pulled Rahul into a hug.

In the quietude of the hotel lobby, under the watchful eyes of the moon and stars, a mentorship bloodmed, and KL Rahul or Virat calls him his Rahuliya found solace in the words of his idol, Virat Bhai.

during the night, texts between Mahi, Virat and Ro

Groupchat : Cap cool and 2 kids
2:37 AM

Vi: Mahi bhai, you won't believe what just happened. I ran into KL Rahul in the corridor. Bichara couldn't sleep, all nervous about his debut tomorrow.

Ro: oh i remember those nerves before debut.

Mahi: Cheeku it's 2:30 AM why are you awake?

Vi: Well, i gave our new kid a pep talk. He was pacing like a caged tiger, and i couldn't let that slide.

Ro: Pep talk hi diya na ki bichare ko dara diya tune vi 😱

Vi: Very funny, ro. But seriously, it reminded me of when Mahi bhai calmed me down back in the day.

Mahi: ah, the student becoming the master. Proud of you cheeku

Vi: Thanks Mahi bhai. I told him we're a family, just like you taught me.

Ro: Someone's growing up, isn't he?

Vi: Hey, panda I've always been mature ok 😠

Ro: hahahahhahaha ofc, remember the time you fought with Ash because you wanted the window seat 😝😝

Vi: Woh alag tha, maine ash ko bola tha i wanted to sit there, usne meri baat suni nahi mai kya karu 😑

Mahi: ok emough boys settle down. Cheeku good job with Rahul. Rohit stop teasing him and again why are you both awake?

Ro: yeah vi, listen to Mahi bhai stop being immature and go sleep.

Vi: YOU PANDA WHEN WAS I IMMATURE HA! TU HAMESHA AISA HI KARTA HAI RO. YAAR MUJHE NAHI KARNI TERE SE BAAT JAA 😠😠😠

Ro: viiiii sorry yaaarrrr majak kar raha tha. Hai tu mature bas ok maan liya 🙏🏻

Vi: Ok good but mai abhi bhi gussa hu 😑

Mahi: shaking his head looking at both of his "mature" kids.

Ro: theek hai phir mai toh Polly ke saath jaunga ice cream khane

Vi: ROHIT GURUNATH SHARMA UDHAR AAKE MARUNGA CHUP CHAP KAL MERE SAATH JAYEGA TU ICE CREAM KHANE
POLLY MOLLY KO CHIPAK NE KI JARURAT NAHI HAI 😡😡😡😡😡😡

Ro: 😶

Vi: typing

Mahi: No enough both of you. Cheeku and Ro go to sleep abhi
If i see you both online, phir dekho mai dono se baat nahi karunga.

Ro: ahhhhhh jaa rahu hu sone Goodnight mahi bhai, goodnight mature vi 😆

Vi: ro tu rukh kal mil bas, Goodnight mahi bhai, goodnight panda 😇

Ahhh how was this????

Hope y'all liked it <3

Requests are open
Make sure to vote and comment ♡

Requests are openMake sure to vote and comment ♡