Chapter 03

I whipped my head at the violin boy who was seated on the edge of the fountain, little water droplets from it drizzling upon him majestically as he produced his music

I whipped my head at the violin boy who was seated on the edge of the fountain, little water droplets from it drizzling upon him majestically as he produced his music. He had a small smile on his face and his dirty blond hair shuffled as he swayed to the melody he created.

All my troubles were instantly forgotten as I was captured by his siren call.

Oh, I could drown in his melodies forever.

He was wielding the violin expertly, covering a slow-reverbed version of the song, 'Reunion' by M83 whose melody I was familiar with. I didn't know the lyrics to the song, but feeling my eyes on him, the violin boy shuffled a little to look at me. He probably realized that I didn't know the lyrics because he softly started singing the lyrics along to the strings he strummed.

My eyes widened in awe at the deep soothing voice that resonated with my skin. He was musically talented indeed! What a gift to have!

"You came out of nowhere

Stealing my heart and brain

Flaming my every cell

You make me feel myself

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh,

Will you stay in this land forever?

Across the time and space

A never-ending dance

A blooming and a trance

You make me feel my soul

There's no more loneliness

Only sparkles and sweat

There's no more single fate

You make me feel myself "

I was enjoying his voice that I didn't even realise when two bright blue butterflies came flapping their shining wings at me. I sank into the deep baritone of his calming voice followed by the symphony of the violin as it oozes my tiredness out of my body.

He sang so softly that I was the only one who heard his voice, making me wish he sang louder so that he could be heard by the other couples who could relate to the lyrics.

With a final chord, he finished his piece and my hands automatically came together in applause. My eyes were lit up with serenity and I smiled at the violin boy.

"That was beautiful," I told him and his eyes enlarged in surprise as if he didn't expect me to talk to him.

He gave a slight bow, a dimple making an appearance the left cheek of his gentle countenance. He was very attractive and handsome underneath the silent and introverted persona he held.