Chapter 5 - Welcome home

"Everyone one who lives in Gotham feels like they're being watched."

"You're coming with me."
"What?"

"No I'm not." You tell him. And reach for the handle again but when you try to open it, a large hand slams the door shut again, you look up to the guy.

Wade just looks down at the girl before walking to stand before the door, therefore pushing you away from it.

"Yes, you are." Jay says and you look at him again.

"No, I'm not." You say and look around for another exit. But everyone around seem to go to cover every possibility.

"Why are you being so difficult?" Jay asks with a sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I'm not." You cross your arms.

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not."

"No you're not."

"Yes i am. ...Wait what?" You look at him and he wears a smug grin on his face with arms crossed over his chest. He then nods to one of his henchmen who was watching the interaction with amusement.

Jonny then takes out a syringe and walks toward you. Your eyes widen in panic as you look between the man walking toward you with a syringe and Jay watching you.

"You're gonna make a fuss." He shrugs, answering your question before you get the chance to ask.

"Jay, you can't be serious." You put you hands up and try to back away from the man but you collide with a kitchen bench behind you. When you try to stop his hand with the syringe, the man catches both your hands with his larger one.

You squirm away from the syringe and move constantly, but he looks to another guy who then comes over and grabs your chin and jaw, holding you still.

And before you know it, you hiss when you feel a sting in your neck. Once the guy lets you go, you put your hand where he injected something into your neck and look to Jay in disbelief.

"Jay what did you do? You can't j..just ... What is t..this? I..i can't..."

You feel your body beginning to feel numb, as you start to loose consciousness. You reach for the kitchen bench to catch yourself as you're starting to loose balance. With blurred vision you see a figure with green hair grab and lift you up bridalstyle. Then you fall asleep in his arms.

Dream —

"Hey, I'm Y/N. Why are you sitting here all by yourself?" You as a 7 year old, ask a boy who was alone, sitting on the edge of the playground at the school.

"Uh... just because." The boy shrugs, looking back down at the sand he was kicking.

"Can i play with you?" You then ask and the boy look back up at you in surprise.

"Uhm... I'm not really playing anything. I'm just sitting here."

"Can i sit with you?" You ask looking at the spot beside him. He stares at you for a long time, then looks out onto the playground where he was watching you play with some other kids. He had thought about how you looked like a cute doll he had seen in the window of a toy store.

When you had started to walk over toward his direction he had hurriedly looked away and pretended to not care, hopefully for you to stop coming toward him. He hadn't meant to stare, he was surprised and angry with himself for it. He never cared about or found anything cute interesting but for some reason he couldn't take his eyes off you when he had noticed you.