Chapter 5: Trek To Jungle Kingdom

Start from the beginning

Toad: Those are Koopa's top soldiers, the Hammer Bros.

Luigi: What should we do Toad?

Toadette: Just walk around them, they'll leave us alone.

Hammer Bros: GET BACK HERE!

As the Mario bros. and fungi siblings try to leave the Hammer Bros. reach into their backpacks and begin to throw hammers, boomerangs and axes at them.

Hammer Bro 3: Take this plumbers!

Hammer Bro 4: Have a boomerang to your face.

Mario: Ow! Hey that hurt.

Hammer Bro 1: Well, it should have.

Mario Luigi, Toad and Toadette begin to run as the Hammer Bros begin to give chase until they eventually make it to a bridge.

Hammer Bro 1: There's no escape now.

Luigi: Oh yeah that's interesting because.

Luigi runs onto the bridge holding Mario's arm with Toad and Toadette following behind.

Hammer Bro 2: You totally showed them bro.

Hammer Bro 1: Shut up! We have an order and we will execute it.

Mario: What are we going to do?

Luigi: I don't know Mario.

Toad then rummages through his backpack and grabs a pickaxe.

Toad: I'll handle this.

The Hammer Bros. are halfway across the bridge when Toad hits the rope on their side of the bridge with a pickaxe. The bridge snaps causing the Hammer Bros. to fall into the river and they try to swim to the other side. The Hammer Bros. leave, going back to their small airship. The brothers and fungi continue walking, they see some fish jumping in and out of the water and just brush it off as nothing, they go through a large cave on the map Toad and Toadette flick on their head lamps then waving the Mario brothers into the cave.

Mario: What a huge cave.

Toad: This is the burial ground of Koopa's army. I think. We should be careful and leave quickly.

Luigi spots some twitching and shambling movement in the darkness.

Luigi: Mario, did you see that?

Mario turns around to face his brother.

Mario: See what?

Luigi: I don't know but whatever it was it was limping.

The fungi siblings stop in their tracks when they hear what was said by Luigi.

Toad: Luigi what did it look like?

Luigi: Well, I couldn't really see it.

Toadette: Did it look like this?

Toadette pulls out a drawn picture of a skeletal turtle creature with armor.

Luigi: Yeah, something like that.

When the four turn around they see a horde of skeletal turtles wearing armor with glowing yellow eyes standing behind them.

Mario: What are those things?

Toadette: They're Dry Bones. Undead warriors of Koopa's army which have been reanimated due to Kamek's magic.

Luigi: What do we do?

Mario: I say we run!

Toad: Good idea.

The four run through the cave as the Dry Bones, now with red eyes, give chase limping and falling apart and put back together in fast motion. When they think they're in the clear they see a lava pit and Luigi ends up tricking one of the Dry Bones' heads to fall into the lava. They wait and hide behind a rock and the Dry Bones' or at least some of them fall into the lava. The four leave the cave, end up in a desert, and continue their trek through it and another grassy meadow. At night Mario, Luigi Toad and Toadette set up camp.

Toadette: Hey you guys alright.

Luigi: Yeah, just in a little bit of pain.

Mario: Yeah, we've never been through anything like this.

Toad: I bet, what's your dimension like?

Luigi: It's not too bad. We have money, we have a house, it's nice.

Mario: It ain't too good either. Our old boss, before we left to start our own company, was a pain in the ass. We worked as demolition and construction workers. The name of the company was called Wrecking Crew.

Luigi: Yeah, Mario here tore into the guy one day.

Mario: I said some things I should've kept to myself, but I didn't that day. Spike, yeah that was his actual name, used to torment me and Luigi while we were working intentionally sabotaging his own job sites.

Luigi: Yeah, Spike really didn't like me or Mario. He even tried to get me to mess Mario up.

Toad: Wow I'm sorry that happened to you guys.

Toadette turns to the fire before turning back to everyone else.

Toadette: We should go to sleep. It's late.

Everyone nods in agreement and goes to sleep.