Headlines T.C

In the locker room, Y/N was sitting alone. Sitting on a bench with his head in his hands, there was a small period before the big game started.

With grit and perseverance he was able to lead the Woodsboro High school soccer team to the finals. Normally he'd be practicing with his team before a game.

But not today, too much was riding on it for him to just go out there yet. His stomach almost felt sick with how nervous he was.

Taking a deep breath, Y/N stood up on shaky feet. He's been out on the field before, as Captain he had the most on his shoulders. But he's always been stable and stayed strong for the team.

Not today though, some of the other players have made it either to finals or close. But not Y/N, as a new member of the team this was his first season.

His phone buzzed from the bag he kept his belongings in, moving his clothes aside he saw a text from his girlfriend.

Tara: Babe where are you?? You have to warm up with the team.

Y/N: I feel like I'm gonna puke

Y/N: I don't know if I can come out

Tara: Just a few steps and you're out on the field, c'mon

Tara: You'll feel better when you're finally out here.

Y/N: That's gonna make it worse, I might actually puke out there

Tara: So? You're the best player on the team, get out here!

Tara: Y/N if you don't bring your ass out here then I'll drag you out.

Tara: And you know I'm serious.

Y/N: Alright I'm coming

She sent him a few more messages, but he didn't bother to read them. Putting his bag down, Y/N shook his head and moved to the door.

Closing his eyes and pushing it open, his stomach dropping as he finally got out to the field. The sole amount of cheers he got pushed some of his breakfast up.

But he swallowed it back down and opened his eyes, focusing only on his cleats while walking to the side of the field his team was on.

"Jesus dude! Took a long damn time" Robert punched his shoulder, the slight sting helping calm him a bit. "Sorry, I had to text someone"

Feeling himself start to get in the groove of things, Y/N did passing drills with the crew. Right before the ref blew the whistle to start the game, the coach pulled him to the side.

His clipboard in his hand as he stared at Y/N seriously. "It's embarrassing how nervous you seem, be completely honest. Can you play this game?"

"I-" Coach cut him off, his eyes narrowing at his star player. "Don't bullshit me just cause you wanna play, can you play?"

"With all these people watching? All the other school wishing you failure? With so much on the line, if you lose then that's where our season ends"

The words messed up his focus, his shell cracking slightly as the weight of the next 90 minutes really set down on him.

Y/N's eyes wandered off to the side, the massive crowd of people in the bleachers jumbling all the thoughts in his head.

But a hand on his shoulder snapped him out of his panic, "Don't worry about them, you'll have time to worry later. Right now you need to be playing at 120%, don't think, just do"