7.

MILLIE

Jo stares at me from behind the kitchen counter, still deciding on wanting to go or not. Actually, even though I'm still digesting that at some point, I'm not just supposed to hear about her wishful thinking, but also about facts. It also means Jo is finally getting her hoped-for soccer player.

Or not.

Her expression, seems to become more and more horrified, and did nothing to convince me. "What is it now?"

"Nothing" shakes her head. "I just didn't mean to jump on Rhodes' dick."

"Good", I groan.

"Don't say good," she smiles. "Look, it's different when you're fantasising and it's different when someone is actually appearing to you," she explains. "Naked asses."

"Isn't it about making your fantasy come true?" I raise my eyebrows.

"I'm afraid it would be a disappointment," she sighs theatrically. "But, gosh, I'm going to submit to your will, and I'm going to have a night with the hottest guy on campus."

"Thank you for making a sacrifice for me," I look at her blankly.

I'm not going to mention that Rowan is actually looking for a boyfriend, which in itself makes the situation fun. I never thought the two big dopes, heartbreakers, would give in to dating and all sorts of relationship stuff.

I get a warm feeling in my chest, thinking that Rowan is not only humorous, that he can make anyone laugh at any time, but that he is kind and devoted, as I imagine, to what I think might have come from his mother. His confidence and his protective side could come from his father. Of course, we have only touched on this subject superficially, but I know that he comes from a good family, which I can say about myself, despite the fact that my mother raised me almost alone, and my father was not very often part of my life, through FaceTime. I knew my dad's mate like this, Nadia, who, if he did not exist, would be a good one to find. She's a sheriff, she's smart, and she's made my dad a total addict. My mom's just joking about it, because she's glad that a woman finally got him by the balls, I quote.

Actually, I've always envied how well friends and good relations are kept despite the divorce, although I'm starting to think that maybe I'm JUST a kid with a drunk night (this is half true), and there's never been any friendship between them. This has not yet been confirmed.

He snaps his fingers in my direction and grins at his phone.

It's Rowan.

His half-naked body is flashing on the screen, and I'm embarrassed to cover my face. I might have taken some pictures of him from Instagram...

I'm taking the phone from Jo.

"Hi," I say with a smothered smile.

"Hi, Mills" I hear his deep, rasping voice. "I know I said it would be nice to have a date of four, and I know you agreed to it, but would you want to spontaneously meet me this afternoon?"

"What were you thinking?"

"I had to pick up my nephew from my sister, and I may have splashed a few words about how the hottest Russian girl is my girl, and the kid wants to make sure for himself that I'm telling the truth," he says, and I groan.

"I hope you're kidding, and you're really only trying to meet me to soften my heart with your nephew," I sigh.

Rowan laughs.

"Yeah, that would have sounded better."

"What time?" I ask.

"I'll pick you up at four."