chapter twelve, the rogue prince.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒
- THE ROGUE PRINCE -

Six months ago - King Viserys had banished his younger brother Daemon, The Rogue Prince the night after Aemma Arryn had died - since Daemon had insulted infant Rhaegar, Viserys' deceased son who had unfortunately died in the arms of his elder sister, a few hours after his death.

And so when Visenya entered her chamber, she was quite taken back to be met with the sight of Daemon seated rather comfortably in front of her hearth.

The silence rang loud as the Princess quietly and reluctantly closed her door behind her. As if her body was still giving her the chance to turn around and scream bloody murder.

But she wasn't scared of the Prince. She wasn't.

"Daemon." Visenya said after entering her chamber - to find her exiled uncle seated comfortably across the pillow of her seat.

Her voice was one of familiarity, but at the same time - it was still slightly cold. Daemon was still on thin ice and he knew it. Especially when he had already insulted her beloved brother.

"What a surprise..." Was all she said.

Daemon gave a lazy wave of his hand in a gesture of greeting. "It's been a while."

The third son of Baelon crossed his legs as he looked up at his niece from his seat. "I would've thought you'd be more happy to see me." His gaze remained on the woman, while he spoke again. "After all I am family, am i not?"

Visenya returned his wave in a less than satisfactory manner before saying. "You know very well why I am not as overjoyed to see you again."

There was an evident lack of fondness in her tone as her eyes stayed on Daemon.

The way she spoke her words, it was as if Visenya was calling him by another title.

In any case, she spoke with spite.

"The day you insulted my brother was the day you lost all of my love for you."

"Awww, and here I thought you still loved me." Daemon's tone was filled with a certain playfulness to it, despite her sentence having ended on a rather sour note. "And in the heat of the moment, my words to your late brother were not meant to offend my brother, or even you. Though the truth can cut a lot deeper than a thousand daggers. Can it not?" He lifted a brow and cocked his head to the side slightly.

Her eyes narrowed and she gave Daemon a look of complete disdain.

"The truth can cut deeper, yes. But you still went after a weak spot at a weak moment." Visenya lent against her wall and crossed her arms. "And you were fully aware of what you were doing. The Gods may be cruel and the fates may twist and turn against us... But you are far more cruel than a fate could ever be, uncle. I still believe that."

He gave away a small smile before he began to speak. "I do not deny that fact, Visenya. I was aware of what I was doing." He confirmed. "And you are correct. I am far crueler, in fact." Daemon's tone was once more filled to the brim with playfulness and cockiness, but in reality - he knew the truth of his words and he knew he could never change or deny it for the better. "But you see, that is why we are so much alike."