chapter two, sweet lies will be your end.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒
- SWEET LIES WILL BE YOUR END -

As both Princess Visenya and Ser Edmyn Baratheon grew close to the Queen's Quarters, the latter offered a firm nod to the two guards who stood on watch.

"Good Morrow, good Ser's." Visenya urged her friend to slow the pace in their walk, so that she may kindly greet the two men who have protected her mother for most of their lives.

The two guards immediately stood at attention upon the young woman's arrival. Their arms rested across their waist, with their hands intertwined and crossed behind their backs. Both knights bowed their heads in an act of courtesy, yet also in respect for the royal Princess and her sworn protector.

Ser Edmyn and Visenya would soon decide to step forward and brush past the pair of guards. They both would find the doors already opened half-way, with only the Queen's voice echoing from inside the room.

Once they finally entered, both woman and man were immediately greeted by the loving stench of various flowers and raw warmth. Visenya could feel her body relax, and she hummed contentedly with a small smile. This was the one place where she knew and found peace. In her mother's rooms, where she and the older woman conversed and rested.

"Visenya." A soft and relieved voice eventually called. "You are looking much better than me this morn."

"Mother." Visenya's cheeks warmed as she gazed at Aemma with the most loving and content expression. Once she reached the woman, Visenya merely lent down with Edmyn's help and placed a small kiss to her mother's pink cheek.

Queen Aemma slowly closed her eyes and appreciatively hummed.

"How are you feeling, sweet one?" Her hand left her own swollen belly to lightly brush against her daughter's.

"Good. Very good and energetic." Visenya answered quickly despite herself. The Princess settled near Aemma's feet and sat with her hands flat against her thighs. "What of you, mother? How are you faring? The maids have been gossiping, i hear."

"I thought you didn't listen to gossip." Said Aemma who was clearly amused. If she didn't believe Visenya's words prior, she did not show it. "I do remember you telling me this, once. Twice?"

"I don't listen to gossip." Visenya firmly yet softly confirmed while she carefully watched Aemma. "Nor do i like to indulge in it, but this gossip includes you. My mother, and my queen."

Slowly, Aemma's teasing expression softened a little - and she quietly sighed, before extending her hand towards her daughter who quickly accepted it. "Do not listen to such gossip in your father's court. For they are not near the truth."

Visenya lightly frowned and opened her mouth to say some more, "Muñ-"

"-Visenya, i am fine." Queen Aemma sharply interjected with a soft and bittersweet smile. "I am not in pain." She insisted, and gently squeezed her daughter's hand in reassurance.

Anyone and everyone could believe that, but not her.

Not her Visenya.

"I was in your womb for a long time, mother." Visenya quietly said, while her lips sported a sad and tensed smile. She clenched her jaw and fought the urge to bite her tongue until she teared skin and shed blood. "Do not lie to me. Please."

Her words escaped in a soft and almost desperate whisper.

"Oh, my sweet girl." Aemma swallowed a thick slot of slither and rubbed the back of Visenya's hand with her rough thumb. She briefly glanced at their hands with a small nod. She couldn't bring herself to tell her daughter the truth, because she only wanted Visenya to have a safe and easy pregnancy. Not one where she was constantly worrying for the sake and health of others.