Finally, they returned home with their bags full of Christmas goodies

Finally, they returned home with their bags full of Christmas goodies. As they started decorating the house, Nia's father put on some holiday music, and they sang along while hanging up stockings and placing ornaments on the tree. The atmosphere was filled with warmth and laughter.

In the midst of their festive preparations, Nia's father paused and looked at her with a twinkle in his eyes. "Dear, I have a surprise for you," he said, his voice filled with excitement.

She raised an eyebrow, curious about what he had in store. "What is it, Dad?"

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. Opening it, he revealed a delicate silver bracelet with a charm in the shape of a key. "This is for you," he said, placing it around her wrist. "It symbolizes the key to your future, the key to unlocking all the happiness and good health for next year, I pray that many more things come your way. Good things, like Theodore Knocks,"

"Dad-" Her father puts his hands up stopping her. "I've always been the protective dad, ever since you were born. But you always seemed unhappy, even when you were with that scumbag. Now all I see is that smile that you inherited from your mother. I see it more and more everyday. I don't know maybe, it's because of him. Maybe it's not. But I hope it stays,"

Tears welled up in Nia's eyes as she hugged her father tightly, she hadn't expected the speech and loved every bit of it. "I love you, my angel,"

"I love you pa,"

The father and daughter both hug for what seem like eternity before letting go of each other and continue to decorate the house with plenty of Christmas decorations they got from the store. Night had eventually fallen, and unfortunately Mr. Well's had to leave as he had a flight to catch, which was last minute call. He hadn't fully explained it, but Nia didn't bother to pry, as she gave him a tight hug and wished him a safe trip.

They made promises to call, discussing Christmas dinner with both him and her mother.

Once already inside Nia was finishing up decorating when her doorbell rang, she froze into place as her dad had left just 20 minutes ago, with everything he brought in his hand so there was no possibility it was him.

Was it Theo? And her heart started to pound in her chest.

She quickly walked over to the door, and pulled it open to see a man standing in front of her, a large bouquet of flowers in his hand.

He didn't look like a delivery man, which was Nia's first thought as he saw the broad expression on his face. His eyes, moving struggling to look anywhere but her. "Delivery for a Ms. Well's, I don't have to say from who, cause it's quite obvious who sent these."

"Very obvious," Nia managed to reply, a hint of sarcasm filling her voice. "Can I come in to set it down?" Nia was hesitant for a second until she noticed one of Theodore's secret agents standing not too far. "Yes, you can place it right on the table," The man entered the apartment, carefully placing the vibrant bouquet of flowers on the table.