Chapter 5 - Advance!

Tesla didn't know how to react to what had happened.  It was all over so quickly, he didn't know what to do.

When he woke up, he got up and went to prepare breakfast. He had some expectations for the day; be it Ahri coming back, Alma talking to him about those peculiar topics that the two liked to discuss, among other positive things.

But everything went up in flames when Alma took a long time to come down. Curious, he went to investigate; only to find her in her bed, dead.

He didn't have time to do anything. The man touched her body; she was stone cold. Tesla sat in the next chair and… just looked at her. At least she seemed to be at peace.

He stayed there for at least an hour as he debated what he had done wrong in his life. 'How did I not notice?'  He thought bitterly.

'…How?' It was so, suddenly. Maybe he should have predicted; He had never discovered the woman's real age, but he had some speculation forming on his head. So how, how come he didn't pay attention to the details?

He remembered his brother. His brother had left his life very early, so he had already felt loss very early in his life.

'Advance…'

He had to move forward, but where? Why? How? He did not even know what he wanted to do exactly; he could live a peaceful life like he never did. He could build a new laboratory from scratch, to continue his experiments-

'Wait, that's it.'

Nikola Tesla had often created incredible things; he was the one who had illuminated his planet, humanity as a whole. But there were still some things that made him uncomfortable.

In his first life, he had developed immense projects that could not be completed due to lack of money. 'That's it!'  Tesla would go to the end of this world to complete his projects.

Nikola Tesla was the one who had illuminated his planet, humanity as a whole. He decided he would do it again. He would light up two planets to count.

Unfortunately, his inventions had been intercepted;  Without his laboratory, he couldn't do much. So he would have to eventually fix that.

Tesla looked at Alma's body, and decided he would bury her. It was the least he could do.

The man got up with the intention of visualizing the terrain, to find the perfect place. However, when he opened the front door he came across Ahri, who had just returned.

Ahri stared at the door for longer than she wanted to admit. She debated about what she would say when faced with the woman, until Tesla opened the door for her.

“Oh!  Nikola, uh-”

“Ahri…” The man looked nervous.

“...Nikola?”

Tesla just looked at her, with pity. He debated whether he should tell her or not, whether now was the right time, until he decided to just say:

“Alma is dead, Ahri.”

At that moment, her world seemed to be falling into a deep abyss. Deep down she had the momentary hope that it was just a cruel joke, but she knew Nikola wouldn't do that type of thing. And the house was too quiet, as much as she wanted to deny it, it was clear that it was true. Alma had died, without really knowing what had happened to her son.

Ahri had cried so much in the last few hours, that she had no more tears left to cry. Eternal regret. That's what she would have chained to her back until the end of it all. Regret for being born, if she hadn't met him, he wouldn't have died, right? If she didn't exist, how many people would still be there with their families?