Chapter 70: The Three Thieves Arise

he hideout was shrouded in an uncomfortable silence after Sangue's outburst. Le Paradox and I exchanged awkward glances, both of us grappling with the unexpected reality check from our usually composed companion. As I approached Sangue's room, I couldn't shake the feeling of trepidation, unsure of what to expect.

Knocking softly on her door, I ventured, "Sangue, can we talk?"

The door creaked open, revealing her sitting on the edge of her bed. She glanced up at me with a mixture of frustration and vulnerability. Le Paradox, unable to resist the urge to be part of the conversation, lingered in the hallway, eavesdropping.

"I never meant to undermine you back there," I started, my words stumbling over each other in my flustered state. "I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

Sangue sighed, her gaze softening. "I know, Sly. It's just... this whole situation is overwhelming."

Le Paradox, seizing the opportunity, chimed in, "Indeed, it seems we're all entangled in a destiny none of us expected."

Sangue, sensing an opening, retrieved the smoking pipe from a nearby shelf. "Look at this. It belonged to Sly's dad, Conor."

The realization dawned on me as I examined the pipe. Le Paradox peered over my shoulder, his eyes widening with recognition.

Penelope and Bentley burst into the room, a flurry of excitement and revelations. Penelope eagerly pointed to Salim's sketch, her eyes wide with realization. "Guys, look at this! Salim's sketch. Sly, Le Paradox, Sangue, it's them! The three thieves from the prophecy."

Carmelita, drawn by the commotion, kicked open the door, her eyes ablaze with determination. "Sly, have you ever wondered why your ancestors had a connection to the Moondarks? Your ancestors knew this would happen. Things are not as they seem!"

Penelope and Bentley nodded in agreement. "Sly, please, what we're trying to say is—"

Before they could finish, Sangue cut through the suspense. "We're... the three thieves from the prophecy."

As she spoke, the magic of the reed pen surged through the room. In an anime-style transformation, our clothes shifted, reflecting the ancient prophecy that bound us together. The realization hit with a profound weight, leaving us standing there, united by destiny, unsure of the path that lay ahead.