Chapter 7: Perilous Prototypes

Once again, we could hear Carmelita screaming her lungs out, after we made our escape. I bought myself some time, to diveroll back onto the van and into my seat, while the van was on the move.

"Smooth moves, Sangue," Bentley grinned.

"Thanks,  Bentley, I knew my nightly parkour run; would pay off."

"You do parkour?!" Murray asked, "Aw man, this is sick!"

Sly eventually told us to focus on our current mission. Thanks to a slip of the tounge from Constible Neyla and Carmelita herself.

"Wait a sec, I thought we reduced that owl to scrap!" I told Sly.

"I thought so too, Sangue. But now they're trying to put them back together," Sly replied.

A pact was made between us, that we weren't going to let our future be a repeat of our pasts. I maybe still a teenager, but these three guys, that took me in, on the streets of Paris counted on me, as much as I counted on them. Plus they treat me like a little sister in some way; I could share anything with them. Well... everything except for the journal that I write in. This little book contained everything, ranging from our adventures together, the enemies we walloped, and a few notes I took from the Thevius Racoonus that I took, when Sly and his friends weren't looking.

While on the heist, I did three things back in that sarcophagous place: 

One: I stole the blueprints of the parts using both my parkour skills, and Slytunkhamen's invisibility technique.

Two: I sketched Constible Neyla.

Three: I also found an awesome Egyptian reed pen, that upon testing it, I found it contained invisible ink, that only theives could see, in one of the coffins. 

According to Sly, the first part we had to steal was the tail feathers, that was in the possession of a disco-loving lizard Dmitri Lousteau.... He was an art student who tried to make his mark on the art world, but he got rejected. So Dejá-vu, he punished those who he viewed as having quote, on quote: "Bad tastes", by forging old masterpieces.

"Sly! Look at this!" I said, "Dmitri opened a nightclub here, in Paris!"

"That's where we can find the Clockwerk Tail Feathers!" Bentley added.

I hugged Bentley victoriously, in which his cheeks went pink, before he recipricated the embrace.

"You look so great together..." Sly teased.

Once again, we loaded up the van and zeroed in our next heist.

"Alright Sangue, I have to warn you, don't get distracted by anything. Danger can be lurking behind every corner." Sly instructed.

"Don't worry, Sly, I'll keep it quick like a turtle's breakfast!"

"Hey!" Bentley protested.

"It's just an expression, Bentley, no offense." I told him, to abate his annoyance, it strangely worked.