Chapter 69: Write Like an Egyptian

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting the House of Life in a warm glow, Sangueshet approached me with a knowing smile. "Sangue, your dedication has not gone unnoticed. As a reward for your exceptional efforts, you are granted permission to visit Slytunkhamen Cooper. Enjoy the night, but remember, the House of Life awaits your return."

Gratitude swelled within me as I made my way through the winding streets to Slytunkhamen's abode. The master thief welcomed me with open arms, his flamboyant charm lighting up the room.

"Ah, Sangue! What brings you to my humble abode?" Slytunkhamen inquired, his eyes twinkling with curiosity.

"Sangueshet granted me a night off, and I thought, who better to spend it with than the legendary Slytunkhamen Cooper?" I replied, a playful grin on my face.

Slytunkhamen chuckled. "Well, I'm honored by your presence. Make yourself at home, Sangue."

As the days passed, I found solace in Slytunkhamen's company. Yet, with each passing sunset, a deep homesickness settled within me. The yearning for the familiar comforts of my Cooper Gang family intensified.

One evening, as we shared stories over a cup of tea, Slytunkhamen noticed the melancholy in my eyes. "Something seems to weigh on your heart, Sangue. Care to share?"

I sighed, the homesickness etched across my face. "I miss my Handsome coon dad and my awesome fox mom. The adventures, the banter, the camaraderie—it's hard being away from them."

Slytunkhamen nodded in understanding. "Family is a treasure, indeed. But remember, your path has brought you here for a reason. Embrace the moments, but never forget where you come from."

In an attempt to ease my pain, Slytunkhamen decided to teach me a new skill. "How about we try something fun? I'll teach you how to write in Hieroglyphs. It might be a good distraction."

He handed me a stylus and a sheet of papyrus, patiently guiding me through the intricate symbols. "Each symbol tells a story. Let the strokes flow, and you'll capture the essence of your thoughts."

I tentatively tried my hand at Hieroglyphs, creating a visual representation of my longing for home. Slytunkhamen watched, offering encouragement and gentle corrections.

"Now let's see you try it," he said, a supportive smile on his face.

With determination, I crafted the symbols, forming a message that echoed my emotions. Slytunkhamen inspected my work, nodding in approval.

"Well done, Sangue! Writing is a powerful way to express your feelings. Whenever you miss your family, let the symbols speak for you."

As the night unfolded, I discovered the therapeutic power of hieroglyphic expression. It became a way to bridge the gap between my past and present, a testament to the unique journey that had brought me to this ancient land.

In the warm glow of Slytunkhamen's home, surrounded by the artistry of the written word, I found a sense of comfort and acceptance. The master thief had not only welcomed me into his world but also provided a balm for the ache of homesickness. The symbols on the papyrus held a silent promise—that the threads connecting me to my Cooper Gang family were as resilient as the ink that etched the tales of our adventures across the pages of time.