MERRY CHRISTMAS

Alianovna_Maximoff here's my attempt :)

So basically the same sort of idea as the Scarlett's birthday one, except it's now Christmas time.

——
Given that it's only been a month since aunt scar's birthday and so now three since my dad went away for half a year to work, to nobody's surprise I'm still with my aunt scar for Christmas, and it's Christmas Eve right now.

I know she wants me to feel okay and included and like I'm just a part of the family, but I don't, she's my family but I'm not a part of her little family unit. Colin's not my dad, rose and Cosmo aren't my siblings, and she's not my mom. And I have to remind myself of that fact every single day I stay with her.

Because she really acts the part.

But then a big holiday like Christmas comes around and I'm suddenly surrounded by a bunch of 'family members' who aren't a part of mine, and technically shouldn't be.

It's the night of Christmas Eve, and we've just finished eating our dinner. Rose and Cosmo running off to go to the couch so they can put some of their favourite Christmas movies on, while Scarlett, Colin and I tidy up the dishes.

Colin randomly starts laughing making me and aunt scar share a confused look, before colin mumbles out "better go keep an eye on those two, who knows what they'll do in there," making us still look at him confused. "Guys" he says exasperatedly, "they're little. There's presents in there. Come on!" His attitude making me and Scarlett share a laugh at him as she then pats his shoulder telling him "you go watch them then, save Christmas!" While giving him her signature smirk.

He leaves the room sulking at us laughing at him being so dramatic. We finish up cleaning and aunt scar turns to me with a fond look "you excited for Christmas, sweet girl?" Making me give a non-enthusiastic nod towards her.

She steps forwards, cupping my cheeks in her hands, as she directs my eyes to look into hers. We spend just a moment looking into each other's eyes, we've always felt pretty connected in this sense, and it's what helps us to understand one another so well.

Scarlett whispers "you know you can be honest with me y/n," making my face scrunch up a little but nodding none the less. "I'm not going to force you to talk to me, darling, but I'm here, okay? If you want to talk. If you miss your dad. If you want a cuddle. Maybe you want a distraction. Literally anything. You tell me, because you've not opened up a lot since you've been staying with me, and I want to be here for you, for whatever you need. And these times of the year have to harder for you, especially without your dad, so you can always tell me about those things baby."

I just melt into her hands which are still gently cupping my cheeks, giving her a soft nod, not quite feeling up to talking about it right now.