Alaric- Moonlight

You're Bonnie's older cousin, you're known as the prettiest Bennet but no one believed someone could look and be so attractive until you came along. You liked Alaric's energy, not too energetic but was assertive when he needed be which, you thought, was quite sexy. You developed a small crush on him which grew the longer you stayed in town.

"Hey, I'm Ric" he reaches his hand out

You hesitate but then shake it

"You can say your full name Alaric, I'm sure she won't mind" he glares back at Damon "Now Bennet, as soon as Bonbon gets back we're getting straight into it, until then you can just sit around and look pretty, be wary of Stefan though because that title usually belongs to him, hero hair and all"

"Damon!, I'm so sorry about that Y/N. I don't know what's gotten into him" Elena grits her teeth and nudges him

"It's alright" you sighed, you were partially offended, partially done and used to it but also partly confused so you just went with the flow.

Not wanting you to feel intimidated by his and everyone else's presence, Alaric shows you to the kitchen where he offers you a drink as you wait for Bonnie.

"Sorry about Damon, he's, well he's just Damon"

"No it's okay, I'm used to dealing with people like him"

"Oh trust me, you'd like to think that but that guy is something else"

"I see that, but he wasn't lying about your name"

"Oh, yeh I'm kind of embarrassed about that. I mean if I could go back and knock some sense into my father then I would"

"No, I mean I love it. Its unique- in a good way, its got a nice sound" you joke around, rolling your Rs tongue to say his name which made him laugh.

You both sit and drink for a while and take it to the car to go get some takeout coffee, laughing about random stuff until you realise how good he looks with his hair combed and flicked on it's side and his prominent blue eyes, not as piercing as Damon's but comforting and warm. You can't help but blush at his ability to make you laugh.

"And that's how my wife died"

"Oh wow. And so naturally you became best friends with Damon?"

"Well I guess things kind of changed along the way. Damon's got a good heart yet I can't seem to figure why he won't use it"

"Do you miss her?" You asked which was followed by a brief pause

"Sometimes. But I guess I've got a life to live you know, being here kind of taught me that. Then again I got closure when she decided to come back as a different person, I hate that it happened but I guess its best for me to just...move on" he looks out of the car windscreen then to you "what about you? Do you have anybody?"

You shake your head, he raises his eyebrows in suprise but also a sort of relief "I've always wanted someone but I'm too afraid that it'll just be for my looks and not me as a person, seeing as everyone loves to point it out" you were sort of embarrassed that you looked how you did because it generally meant you were objectified and you hated it.

"I don't think looks matter that much anyway, well they do but uh..." he looks down at his lap then sincerely at you "if someone's got a good heart, and has a genuinely likeable personality then that's the kind of person I think everyone needs in their life. And as far as I'm aware" he smiles "you've got that, so don't be so hard on yourself"

"Thanks Ric" You smile humbly down at yourself
"Don't mention it"
You look back up suprised to see him still looking over at you.

The moonlight was really in your favour by the way it shone on your face but shadowed his. He slowly leans over placing his hand on your face and lightly kisses you, when you respond he does too with more passion.