𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

❀❀❀

❀❀❀

200 Years Later

Saffire stood guard outside Prince Floris's bed chambers. It was typically how she spent her evenings until it was time for dinner. For most others, standing around in front of a door would be a taxing activity, but for Saffire it was the complete opposite. The door opened and there was a tap on Saffire's shoulder and she tried to fight the smile forming on her face.

"You know I'm working," said Saffire, adjusting the sword at her hip.

"But I'm bored," Floris said dramatically. "And you can guard me much better from within my bedroom."

Sapphire rolled her eyes. "You know what happened last time."

"My mother won't even come to check on everything today, she's too busy planning a trip," Floris replied, stepping further out of his room. "And besides, she loves you, she wouldn't care if you were doing your job or not."

"I still like to please," Saffire said, looking up and down the corridor.

The Prince's bed chambers were situated in the most beautiful part of the palace, in Saffire's opinion. The ceiling was made from glass and was clear enough to see the evening sky. Shades of pink, purple and orange mixed together to make the most perfect sunset. There had always been something about a sunset that relaxed Saffire. It made her feet at ease.

"Well you would please me if you dropped the guard act for a moment and shared a bottle of wine with me," Floris said. "And it just happens to be the wine you like."

"Oh, the enchanted one?" Saffire asked, lowering her defensive position.

Floris snapped his fingers. "That's the one."

Saffire looked down the hallway and back to Floris, who stood leaning against the door smirking. "Oh, fine. But only for ten minutes."

"That's what you said the last time," Floris laughed before allowing Saffire to step into his room.

Floris's bed chambers seemed to be a small palace within itself. The large floor to ceiling windows at the opposite end of the room opened to reveal a balcony overlooking a flowing waterfall. Saffire could hear the sound of the rushing water from where she stood. The rest of the chambers were fit for a prince. A large canopy bed resided toward the right side of the room, currently messed up from Floris's adamant refusal to tidy it up. His excuse was always that he would sleep there again so there was no point in tidying his carefully arranged pillows only to mess it up again.

There was a seating area in front of a fireplace large enough to be its own living room, decorated with ornate furniture Saffire could only imagine having in her own chambers. Of course her own bedroom held a sense of regality but it still reminded her that she was only a guard.