"It Never Hurts to Try Again."

☕️

Around ten to thirty minutes later, the door to the lab opened. Gogo leaned in through the crack of the door, popping a piece of her gum loudly.

"Hiro. Lunch." She then left, not bothering to close the door as she did so.

Hiro put down what he was working on and moved away from his desk. He walked behind [Name] and tapped his shoulder. The [H/c]-ette turned around and lifted his goggles. Hiro nodded his head at the door and began to walk towards it.

     [Name] sighed and took his goggles, gloves, and apron off. He set everything on his desk, using the apron to cover what he was working on. He followed the other boy out of the lab, making sure he closed the door. As they walked out the rest of the group stood there waiting, they were talking amongst themselves until they saw that Hiro brought someone with him. They looked surprised, which didn't help ease someone's anxiety.

     Why was he so nervous? Maybe it was because he wanted to actually make a good impression this time, to prove that he wants to be friends with them. [Name] waved awkwardly and looked away.

    "Hey, are we going to go? What are you guys waiting around for?" Hiro walked ahead of the group to break the weird vibe in the room. He could tell that if they stayed any longer the other teen might back out on going.

    "Y-yeah! Are we going to your Aunts cafe today?" Wanojhi followed behind the ravenette, beckoning the others to also come. He was feeling a small sense of pride, since Hiro went out of his way to bring [Name] by himself.

     Hiro nodded and conversed with Wasabi on their way to the Lucky Cat Cafe, it didn't take too long since it was one bus ride and a few steps away. The group clamored into the cafe and sat at a more secluded table, they sat in a similar order as last time. They were greeted by Aunt Cass who took their orders, commenting on how they have a plus one with them. She couldn't chat for long though since she was on the clock, she held her head for a moment before she walked away.

     The group watched the two teens closely to make sure they can catch any squabbles before they could blow out of proportion. But the pair were actually behaving themselves. [Name] had been opening up a bit more and engaging in more conversations.

     "Oh yeah, he really likes cats, I caught him a day or two ago saving a cat from the rain. It was weird seeing you act like a normal person." Hiro teased, nudging the boy with his arm.

     The teasing caused him to flush and push the ravenette away with a playful; "Shut up-!"

     Honeylemon gasped and leaned over across the table, almost knocking down a few drinks. Wasabi had his panic written on his face. Gogo grabbed hers off the table and gave her a dirty look while Fred laughed.

     "Sorry-! Sorry! Do you have any pictures?! Did you take it home—? Do you need any pet supplies?!" She excitedly bombarded the teen with questions.

     "I do have a couple of pictures. He seemed to be a stray so I just took him home with me. I bought some things yesterday, but not a whole lot. My dad doesn't know yet." He pulled out his phone and opened it to a picture of a very happy cat.

    The blonde cooed as she saw the picture, taking the phone and showing it to Gogo and Fred more closely.

     "So you plan on keeping it?" Gogo smiled at the picture. "Does your dad like cats?"

     "He does, he's just slightly allergic. I heard him sneezing when he got home after work. It's not going to take him too long to find out. I'm sure he will be fine with it."