you get your memory back *after being obliviated*

Start from the beginning

✦ He smiles lightly "For the past 2 months. When I realized there's no actual cure for obliviate, I needed to find another way."

✦ You shake your head in disbelief "That's incredible."

✦ He furrows his brows "Listen, I know it's not the same as getting your own memories back, but-" 

✦ "Dray, it's perfect." You cut him off with a big smile "It's perfect."

✦ He takes a big breath in relief & returns your smile 

✦ "So what do you say... ready to watch yourself?" 

✦ You look at the pensieve & nod "Let's do it." 

✦ You both lower your heads towards the basin & you can see your friends' memories floating around you...

Mattheo Riddle

"Matt? What are you doing here?" you ask confused. "Are we like... in trouble or something? Why did Dumbledore call us here?" 

✦ Mattheo just grins at you "Don't worry, Y/n, we're not in trouble. At least not that I know of." 

✦ You raise your eyebrows "But where's Dumbledore?!" 

✦ Mattheo comes closer & grabs one of your hands

✦ "Come with me.", he says quietly

 "Matt, I don't think we're supposed to-" 

✦ He shushes you "Dumbledore knows we're here. And no, he's not coming. He wanted to give us some... privacy." 

✦ You look at him even more confused "Okay now you've completely lost me. Privacy, in Dumbledore's office? What on earth are you saying, Matt?! It's not like we're gonna-" 

✦ He puts his hand on your mouth to quiet you

✦ "Hey!" you let out a muffled shout

✦ "I'll take my hand away if you let me explain" he whispers with a cheeky grin

✦ You roll your eyes and nod slowly

✦ He frees you and you take a deep breath "So? Do tell then Mattheo" you say and put your hands on your waist

✦ He points towards the pensieve "Do you wanna step into the past with me?"

✦ Your eyes shift to the metal basin "Oh my God... Mattheo" you whisper

 He looks at you serious "I wanted to give you your memory back, but... obliviate alters the brain too much. I'd never risk hurting you more. Yet I still wanted to find a way, so I've been extracting memories the past months. From myself, and our friends. I wanted to have as many perspectives for you as I possibly could." 

✦ You look at him in awe but he quickly keeps talking: "Y/n, this way, we could watch old memories of you, together. They're not nearly complete and of course differ from your own, but-" 

✦ You cut him off by pulling him into a tight embrace. "This is perfect.", you say with glistening eyes

✦ You feel him hum as his arms embrace you

✦ "Wait- Dumbledore knows we're doing this, right?!", you ask concerned

 Mattheo laughs "He does, don't worry."

✦ "Are you ready to step in, then?", he asks after a while. "Or do you need more time?"

✦ You shake your head "I've been waiting for three months. I'm as ready as I'll ever be."