A Fighter's Love - Chapter 3

Here's another chapter for y'all! Can I ask for a favor from you guys? Pretty please? If you guys love me at all, you'll check out my new book called The Beach House. I just posted the first chapter a few days ago but it doesn't have a whole lot of reads. I haven't started the second chapter for it yet but I promise, if you guys vote and comment on that book, I'll try my best to get the second chapter up. Thank you so much!

(Sorry for any errors! Matt on the side!)

 ***************************************************************************************

A Fighter's Love - Chapter 3

I stayed in bed for the next few days, thankfully missing school and Mrs. Colling’s boring lectures on Romeo and Juliet. My mom didn’t speak to me much except to tell me to lock the door when she left and that there was frozen pizza in the fridge if I ever got hungry. I found myself stumbling around the abnormally large house more than usual, curling up in random bedrooms and looking out the window into the pouring rain. For some strange reason, the rain irked me. I wanted it to go away and leave me alone, but it persisted and only stopped for a few mere hours. I finally returned back to school on Friday, glad that I only had to endure one day of school before the glorious weekend.

“We should run away together.” I looked up from my soup — which I was more playing with than eating — and gave Crystal a dry look.

I decided to play along. “Yeah, and then get caught by the police again and get dragged back here where our parents will spend the next few days yelling their asses off at us.”

She threw a grape at me, which I dodged easily. “I’m serious! Plus, you and I are turning eighteen in a couple months, anyways.”

“Exactly why we should wait till we’re legal to even think about leaving the state,” I shot back.

Her shoulders drooped and I immediately felt guilty. Pushing away my tray, I scooted over to her and wrapped an arm around her slim shoulders.

“What happened when you got home?” I asked, warily.

She sniffled, “Well, I was passed out for the night so when I woke up, my parents just looked at me with so much disappointment in their eyes. I would have rather had them lecture me and call me names, but they just looked at me like I was some kind of danger to them. And then my little brother came into my room and started asking me if mom and dad were kicking me out. So I just grabbed him and made him sleep with me that night.”

“Crystal, don’t worry, your parents will come around soon enough,” I assured her.

She nodded half-heartedly and suddenly whipped her head around to glare at a nearby underclassman.

“What are you looking at?” she snapped at him. The poor guy jumped ten feet in the air and dropped his lunch onto the floor. I couldn’t blame him. The sight of Crystal’s bright red nose and watery eyes was enough to make any grown man shudder.

 ************

 “Can you believe it?”

“I know! I never would have guessed!”

“Me either. She just seemed like such a nice, innocent girl to me.”

“Who knows? Maybe she’s happy. I mean, sure, Trent has his problems and stuff but I really think they look good together.”

“But she’s so young!”

“Totally! I wonder how the baby will look. Do you think it’s going to be a boy or girl?”