A Fighter's Love - Chapter 6

I'm so excited for you all to read this chapter! This is where the fun REALLY begins :)

(Sorry for any errors! Camille on the side!)

I have a small request for y'all! Please check out my book The Beach House. It only has four chapters right now so it would be easy to catch up. Thank you!

*********************************************************************

A Fighter's Love - Chapter 6

Human trafficking.

That was my initial thought and just thinking about it made my heart pound loudly. I took a shaky breath and attempted to free myself from the cloth that was bound around my hands.

This wasn’t happening.

Oh God. No. Please. I know I was a bad person but surely I didn’t deserve this? I wanted to cry so badly and the tears burned in the back of my eyes but I held them in. If I cried right now that would show a sign of weakness and no matter what happened, I wouldn’t let these bastards think I was weak.

I couldn’t even remember what I last said to my mom. What if it was something awful? Knowing me, it probably was. The blindfold bit into my skin on my forehead, cutting me off from any form of sight but the duct tape that one of them had slapped onto my mouth was thankfully coming loose.

I could feel the presence of two people on either side of me, holding me down using only their presence. I opened my mouth and finally got the piece of tape to tear free.

“You fucking son of a bitch! Let me out or I swear to God I will rip you all to shreds!” I shouted as loud as I could.

A girlish giggle came from my left side and I whipped my head toward the girl and gave her my harshest glare, despite the fact that half of my face was concealed.

What kind of woman would allow this to happen? How could she watch as an innocent girl got taken away from her home and sent off to some horrible place to be used as a sex slave?

The giggling immediately stopped. The anger tactic clearly wasn’t working so I tried another approach.

“Please. I’m only seventeen years old. This can’t be happening to me. I have a family. A mom, a boyfriend, a brother. I’m too young to die.”

No one answered back. I didn’t expect them to.

I cursed and swore and cussed with everything that I had but it still wasn’t enough. After twenty minutes of screaming, the tears finally started to shed. They came slowly and soon after, I couldn’t even stop myself from sobbing.

Still, the car was filled with an eerie quietness that no amount of yelling could disturb. The person on my right finally decided to grow some brains and stuck a new piece of tape onto my mouth but something told me that they had taken this long because they liked hearing me cry for help.

I felt the man’s leather glove linger on my face as he leaned in close to whisper into my ear. I recoiled in disgust and tried to shove him away but his hands were like iron and he restrained me easily.

“Stop struggling. This is going to be the best thing that ever happened to you, hun.”

I scowled and ripped my face from his grasp. Fuck you! I screamed in my head.

The person in the seat behind me spoke for the first time. “Ay, how much longer do we have?” I could tell by their voices what gender they were but I clearly couldn’t see their faces.