During the day, Danielle and I were fine.... but at night time.... things would get a little tense between us.

"Heard Dani kicked you out the bed last night too," Hanni began to tease.

I sighed in annoyance.

Our psych teacher had changed assigned seats again, so I was stuck with Hanni trying to pry information out me for the rest of the year.

I didn't really understand why Danielle told Hanni everything. I guess I just didn't understand what it was like to have a best friend to share everything with.

My mom had pretty much convinced everyone that I was a bad kid, so no parents wanted their kids to hang out with me.

I guess the closest thing I had to a friend....

Was Danielle.

*BUUZZZZ*

The school's intercom system suddenly turned on.

"Attention all upperclassmen, tickets to the senior prom will be on sale today after school until the end of the week. Make sure to get your tickets today for a special deal!" Someone announced over the speakers.

The whole class suddenly started to take amongst each other about the upcoming prom. There was giggling and gossiping going on about the classroom.

The teacher didn't seem to mind it much since class was about to be over.

"Sooo, who are taking to the prom?" Hanni elbowed me in a teasing way.

"I'm not going," I coldly answered as I tried to finish up my class notes.

It's that I didn't care about the prom.

It's just that I had to work on that day.

"What? Why n-"

*RING, RING*

Hanni was to ask me why I wasn't going, but luckily the bell saved me.

"Y/n, come on! Let's go get our tickets to the prom!" Danielle suddenly ran up to drag me out the class with her.

"Umm, I'm not going!" I gently took my arm away from her grip.

"What? Why not?" Dani looked at me a bit confused.

"It's probably 'cus they can't get a date," Hanni teased as she caught to us.

"Oh, well I'll be your dare!" Danielle cutely exclaimed.

The way she smiled when she said it.... made my heart flutter.

Dani had one of brightest and kindest smiles I had ever seen.

"No, it's not that," I chuckled out a bit flustered.

"I have to work that day," I explained.

"Then get the day off!" Hanni sassed me.

I took a deep breath, knowing it wasn't that simple.

"I can't. I have my accreditation test that day. I can't just reschedule it. The date was set like a month ago," I explained.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Dani's head drop.

"I mean, I wish I could go but I just can't," I tried to give some comfort...

But I knew it wasn't going to work.

Danielle had been talking about prom since the morning and I knew it meant a lot to her. She wanted to have fun with all her friends that night.

She was so excited about it, that I didn't want to break her heart.

But now, I couldn't not tell her.

"It's fine. Your test is more important. You've been waiting for it for so long," Dani said with a shaky voice.

I felt really bad.

It was times like this that it was hard to ignore her feelings for me.

"Yeah, but anyway. You two go buy your tickets. I gotta go to work," I told the girls before making my way out the school.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: You ever been to prom? If you haven't, are you going to go to prom? >.<