He was positive they had collected all the evidence before she arrived in town. If someone had gotten into the house and removed some of Stone's things or strategically placed something there, then someone else was potentially to blame and still on the loose. He just has to prove it now. Matt realized that will be easier said than done.

"I'll go back up to the attic and keep searching. It will give you some time alone to deal with your family situation." Madison offered.

Matt held her so tight she felt his body shudder. She saw the pain in his eyes, and felt helpless to help. Figuring most men wanted to be left alone to soothe their own wounds, she assumed Matt was the same way.

"No! Don't go." Matt pleaded with her to stay. Leaning his head down to drop a soft kiss on her lips, Matt lingered there, their lips a breath apart. "I need your strength. I need you, Madison." His words whispered over her lips as he kissed her again.

His lips were warm and gentle on hers. Taking his time, softly touching her lips to his and pulling back before kissing her again. Madison felt her limbs melt, unable to push him away. Wanting to trust her feelings, she leaned against him.

He needs her. He said that, and almost groaned before he kissed her again. Madison's heart continued to pound in her chest. No one in her life has ever told her they needed her. She was usually told to go away, to leave, to stay away. The sheer idea of being needed was overwhelming.

Matt was lost in the kiss, pressing her deeper into the couch so his body hovered over hers.
"Madison." Her name came out on a groan of need.

Matt's fingers laced through the silky threads of her hair. Tilting her head back Madison gave him the access to her neck he so desperately wanted. His lips moved over her face, her jaw line, down her neck.

The urge to take was overwhelming. He wanted to plunder away the pain of his loss. To lose himself in her, heart, mind and soul. She was a drug, which Matt wasn't sure he could handle. He wasn't sure he could resist this to her.  Madison was truly a great temptation.
Matt heard the pounding in his ears. His heart was beating so hard, so fast, he was positive Madison must have heard it too.

She murmured something in his ear and pressed her hands against his chest. Pushing her palms flat against his chest as if she wanted him to stop. But Madison gripped the fabric of his shirt in her fists, as if to pull him closer. The move was conflicted with emotions.

Matt only dove deeper, lost in the moment, and not wanting to break the kiss. He felt her hands loosen their grip, her body melting against him giving in to the passion that was building between them.

Her mind blanked, wiped as if he had given her a shot of amnesia. She didn't care. If this was the feeling Matt created in her, Madison was willing to forget the world around them and let him take her.

It was the banging that Matt finally realized was at the front door and not his heart. Reluctantly, Matt pulled away from her, leaving her feeling shaken and confused at once.

Madison swallowed hard trying to regain her composure as Matt sat up, bringing her body with his. Tucking the blanket over Madison's legs, Matt stood, his legs a bit wobbly for the first time since his teen years. He hadn't had a woman get him so worked up in years. 

Matt walked towards the door then glanced back at Madison as she straightened her sweatshirt and smoothed out her hair. Small and fragile, her lips swollen from his kisses, her hair mussed from his fingers, Matt felt the pull to ignore the interruption and go back to her.

She had desire still in those big blue eyes as she watched him. The banging began again on his way to the front door. Matt grumbled annoyed at the noise and swore under his breath.