8/ who will laugh last?

Comincia dall'inizio

"Is it?" I play along.

"Very. Trust me."

"Oh, no, it is not! I am just being a good bodyguard as Lucifer asked me to be! I am just doing my job!" Mammon yells dramatically. i pat him on his shoulder. "Yes, yes."

"Pfft, look at him. He is like a bird." Satan decides to make the odd comparison.

"Ohh, like a crow?" Asmo asks.

"No, like a peacock."

"I see."

"I don't." I join the observation.

"Good morning." Lucifer appears out of nowhere.

Satan stands up. "I am done eating." He walks out.

I look down at my plate and see that it is empty. My eyes glance to Beel to see he has double the food in his one. "I am done eating as well! Bye!" I wave a goodbye to everyone and quickly run out of the dining hall.

As Satan and I are putting on our shoes and getting ready to leave Mammon in a bad attempt to look relaxed strolls in. The blonde-haired demon looks at him in question.

"What? I am supposed to be guarding her, aren't I?!"

"Are you going out in bare foot?" Satan asks him. His expression is neutral but I could hear the mirth in his voice. Mammon gasps and quickly goes to get his shoes.

"Oh, well. I don't know what else other than good luck. You will need it with him around." Satan pats my shoulder and walks out of the house. I stare at where he was a moment ago.

//////////////

The walk to the Royal Academy of Diavolo is relaxing. The night (Or maybe day? Everything looks the same.) is quiet. The moonlight shines down on everything so it is bright enough for me to not trip down on something. Mammon is silent as stares at nothing in the distance. He looks deep in thought.

"So? How are you?" I try breaking the ice.

"I am upset." He immediately answers. I tilt my head in confusion as I wait for him to give me more information. "I am upset that we let Levi play us like this, human! Something simple like this can mean life or death for you in the Devildom!"

I sigh.

"I wasn't really played, Mammon." I inform him.

"But you tried running away more than once, right?" He asks me. I have no idea where he is getting with this. "So?"

"So?! We need to plan our revenge! Let's make quick cash and get rich super fast and then Levi will be crying outside while we are in a cozy limousine, drinking wine and eating chocolate!" Mammon exclaims in excitement. His steps get faster and I am now forced to almost jog to keep up.

"Wait! That's not practical at all! Let's use our money and go on a worldwide tour-vacation thing!" I say. I can already imagine us drinking fruit cocktails and chilling on the beach. The light summer breeze and- "Can't we go somewhere else?" Mammon ruins my daydream.

"The hell you mean somewhere else?!"

I glance at Mammon and he looks at me in confusion. "Worldwide means like everywhere, dude." I add.

"What?! I know that! But can't we go somewhere else?! Let's make our own country!"

"I am pretty sure this is illegal, my dude. And first we need to work on our business idea before planning the big stuff!" Mammon nods in understanding. "I manage to come up with ways we can illegally transport cocoa beans and-"

"Hello, guys! What is up!"

The sudden voice makes both Mammon and I jump in the air and scream. Solomon chuckles behind his hand at our reaction. "You should be more observable, Y/N. Who knows what would have happened if it wasn't me catching you off-guard..."

"Hey! Are you trying to steal our business, Solomon?!" The white-haired demon asks the white-haired human. (Haha, the irony.)

"Business? What business?" Solomon asks. I can see the genuine question in his eyes. "I am not here for anything like that. It's just that...a little birdie told me that a specific human here has made an extraordinary achievement. Mammon may be an easy demon to fool but do not downplay your feat, Y/N. He still is the second strongest lord. Good job, dear." The fellow-human gives me a charming smile. "I need to go now, have fun!"

He leaves as quickly as he appears. I watch his silhouette disappear in the dark.

"I never really liked that guy, ya know?" My first demon says.

//////////////

guys, i hope you liked this chapter!

i had lots of fun on my bday but now that i am back home i got sick again for some reason??? 💀but fun fact half of this chapter was written in the sky when i was flying back home!! and the other half now, when i am supposed to be studying but i just can't make myself focus. T-T

have a nice day, everyone! 🐭