Mieke's thoughts were interrupted by a sudden eruption of clapping and cheering. Blinking in surprise, she realized that some passengers had risen from their seats, while others joined in applause or cheered enthusiastically.

"I'm irritated." Mieke mumbled.

Mieke unbuckled her seatbelt, grabbed her carry-on, and eagerly made her way down the aisle, her heart pounding with excitement.

As she stepped off the plane, she swiftly made her way to the baggage claim, scanning the carousel eagerly for her luggage and just as she grabbed her bags, her phone began to ring, interrupting her hurried movements.

Grabbing her phone, Mieke noticed Keanu's name flashing on the screen through the incoming call. With a wide grin, she swiped to answer. "Baeeeee." she exclaimed with excitement evident in her voice.

"Wassup Boog, Where you at?" Keanu's voice came through the call, brimming with excitement mirroring Mieke's.

"I just grabbed my bags. I'm walking towards the escalator right now. Are you here?"

"Yeah I'm here. You gone see me right when you get on the escalator." Keanu assured.

"Alright. I'm gonna see you when I see you. I have to call my momma nem to let them know I landed." Mieke shared quickly before abruptly ending the call, a habit she often had of not waiting for the other person's response.

After a quick call to her parents, calming their worries about her arrival, Mieke strode towards the escalator. True to Keanu's prediction, as soon as she reached it, she spotted him. He was standing holding a sign that said Mieke Jacobs while his other arm was discreetly tucked behind his back.

Their eyes met and instantly, a swarm of butterflies erupted in their stomachs, the charged moment of locking eyes stirring an exhilarating rush between them.

As Mieke descended from the escalator, Keanu's eyes never left her.

When she reached the bottom, he unveiled his other arm from behind his back, revealing a bouquet of flowers.

"Mieke Jacobs?" Keanu furrowed his eyebrows in question as Mieke approached him. In response, Mieke let out a soft chuckle.

"You're such a cornball," Mieke teased. As she reached him, she grabbed the flowers from his hand and immediately enveloped him in a warm embrace. "I missed your hugs so much."

"Me too. Ion wanna let go." Keanu confessed, holding onto Mieke tightly. They stood there for a few precious moments, relishing the simple joy of finally being wrapped in each other's embrace after what felt like an eternity.

Keanu gently lifted Mieke's chin, his eyes locking onto hers before he pressed his lips to hers in a sweet, lingering kiss.

In that moment, the world seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them caught in the enchantment of their reunion.

With a gentle tug, Mieke eased back from the kiss, a radiant smile gracing her lips. "But you're gonna have to let go, because I want to admire my flowers." she teased playfully, pulling away from the embrace to admire the beautiful bouquet Keanu had given her.