Eighteen - Any objections?

Start from the beginning

"Yes," Marcus says. "I understand that you are concerned, that you all are concerned. You had never heard of the Divergent a week ago, and now all that you know is that they are immune to something to which you are susceptible, and that is a frightening thing. But I can assure you that there is nothing to be afraid of, as far as we are concerned." It isn't frightening, their God complexes are just being challenged. I mentally scolded myself for the silent insult. 

But as I watch him tilt his head, and raise his eyebrow with sympathy... Goddamn it... no wonder he was head of government. 

"It seems clear to me, that we were attacked so that the Erudite could find the Divergent. Do you know why that is?" It is clear, as clear as glass, the Erudite have always taught that Divergence is dangerous, anyone who may be sickened with it should be turned over immediately. But does anyone, even Marcus, understand how far it goes? I don't, I might understand that they hate us and that they want to kill us, but I never truly knew why. 

"No, I do not," I look back at Marcus. "Perhaps their intention was merely to identify us. It seems like useful information to have, if they intend to use their simulations again." I feel bile rising in my throat... us... he made a connection between him and I... and I want to throw up. 

But annoyance also rises from his ignorance, they didn't want to 'identify' us, they wanted to kill us, like they always have. Sure, maybe them taking extra time and questioning was to identify us or identify what could possibly lead to Divergence, but they weren't planning on leaving with a full clip in their gun. 

"That was not their intention." I quickly look at Tris, my heart racing from the adrenaline of annoyance and wanting to yell. "They wanted to kill us. They've been killing us since before any of this happened."

I watched as Jack went to say something after being quiet for a few seconds, I wanted to say something, but how did I know it would received properly? "That sounds very much like a conspiracy theory, what reason would the Erudite have to kill you?"

I let out an audible sigh, not meaning to, as Tris went to say something. I looked at her with an annoyed look, the face of someone who only wanted to be believed, and she mirrored it. Before nodding. 

"Why else?" I started, I looked at Tobias who shot me a look, as if telling me to be quiet. "Knowledge, sure it may sound like a conspiracy theory, but can we really put it past the faction... known for wanting and craving knowledge?" I continued to ignore Tobias' staring. "We aren't meant to exist, we are... glitches in what is meant to be a perfectly built system-" 

"It's all a theory." Tobias cuts me off as he looks back at Jack Kang, my eyes twitched slightly as my breathing shakes. I looked at Tobias and glare at him. "We don't actually know why. But there are over a dozen random deaths in Dauntless, and those people all had the same irregularity when it came down to aptitude tests." I sighed and shook my head, statistics, that's not evidence enough. 

Evidence... what is considered evidence?... I wondered to myself, would me being dead along with the rest be evidence enough? I asked myself as I pulled my hand back and looked at it, red stains. My eyes narrowed as my breathing picked up and my heart raced, it ached, I looked down at my shirt as I watched it start turning a deep dark... sticky red. No, no, no.... My breathing turned to the rhythm of my racing heart. 

"Yes I do, it happens every time, people are in a dying state for a reason, Y/n! And most of the time that reason hasn't left, and refuses to leave. You could go back, get shot in the head, dead. Your wounds will take over, dead. Maybe you could live for a short while, but is your body in a position to fight?" The woman was right.... I'm dying aren't I? Oh God.... oh God...