Two Streaks Of Red

In a few days' time the big event that is the battle between Kim and Ali shall take place at Cyberaya South mountain pass, news spread like wild fire as many local street racers are excited to watch the big race. Two of one of the most skilled drivers having a face off is a rare event and in itself is an opportunity to learn from to better one's skill. Alicia visited Ali's place to check on her fellow rival and friend. Upon entering the garage she can hear the sweet sound of the RB26 engine revved repeatedly with turbo splutters echoing. Hood popped up, front bumper and fenders removed revealing the inner metal frame of the car. She put down the food container on a table nearby with tools scattered everywhere on it. She sighed, "Same ol' Ali, unorganized little brat." she said lowly. Then a dirty handkerchief smacked her square in the face. She grunted from the sudden attack on her face. "Heard that oh Princess Icha." just as the cloth landed on her face the one and only Ali appeared, rubbing his greasy hands on his dirty overalls. His face all black from the oil and dirt from the car's mechanical insides. Alicia rolled her eyes as she takes out her handkerchief and wipes off the dirt from her face. "Ohh you brought food? Thanks!"

       While Ali enjoys his breakfast that is Nasi Lemak Tempoyak Udang with extra anchovies, Alicia observes the Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 now having it's engine fully exposed, still running as the grumble of the engine filled the garage. "You're tuning your car for more power?" she asked, watching Ali licking the spoon he uses to eat, done eating. "sorta, I also got rid of plenty of stuff that might weigh it down, can help with cornering better and tuned the gear ratios to help with acceleration since most of the straights are short." He replied, wiping his mouth with a tissue and walks back to his car, tools in-hand. Alicia then leaves the teen with his task at hand, walking to her Lamborghini something caught her eye. A Porsche 911 Turbo coloured metallic silver is parked across the street right next to her Gallardo. It ain't stock either, a custom body kit, a carbon fibre hood with vents, carbon fibre spoiler and black rims. "Wonder who owns this mighty beast." She spoke as she hops into her car and speeds off. Unknown to her the driver was in the car, smiling as the person watches the yellow Lamborghini disappears into the sea of cars. He then starts the engine and drives off, backfire echoing along as he drives into the streets.

       As Ali is putting the finishing touches on his Skyline, a growl of an engine is heard outside. He knows who can that be and as he closes the hood a man in his late 40's walked into the garage, bottled coffee in hand. Dr.Ghazali, his dad came back from work and earlier than usual too. "Tuning up your car for your race against the SLR?" he asked, taking a sip from his coffee. Man, he is never seen NOT drinking coffee. Ali nodded as an answer as he cleans up the messy piles of tools and parts scattered on the floor. Ali stopped whatever he's doing and stared at his father as if the old man grew a second head. "How did you know I was even racing?" the teen asked, shocked at how his father knew he was racing. "Average people don't put carbon fibre parts on their cars and yes I know you're not racing on tracks, you've been racing in the mountains, right?" "Yeah..." Ali scratched the back of his in embarrassment. "Just don't crash the car, it's your mother's"

       Evening comes, the sky now orange with the sun slowly setting. Ali decided to prepare early and sets off to the mountain pass where he shall face his challenger; Kimberly Song as the outsiders call her, "Pink Comet". Well known to pass opponents at high speeds in corners like a comet in the night sky. From what Khai had dug up LaPerfect is a team of racers that has experience on the circuits as well as mountain roads. Few are part of it due to Kim only gathering the most skilled racers around. It certainly sent shivers down the other's spines minus Alicia, she's emotionless according to Ali. Ali himself too has experience in circuits though he prefers the unpredictable mountain roads with uneven surface and randomness that could occur any moment in a race. Putting fresh new tires feels nice as he drives up the mountain road while going at high speeds. At the top he sees Khai and Bulat already there, cars parked in the lot while the two sat next to a vending machine. He pulls into the parking lot and turns the engine off. The boy then steps out and walks towards his friends. "Hey man, you getting ready for the big race tonight?" Khai asked, handing Ali a can of soda. the boy gladly takes it and popped the pin, sipping it as the refreshing liquids moisturizes his throat. "Ahh, that's refreshing. To answer your question; Yeah I'm ready just need some a few practice runs then I'm good to go."