Week 13: When We Break Up 💔

Week 13:
When We Break Up
~ May 21st - May 27th, 2012 ~

***MONDAY MORNING***

"Finals are in a week, and we're watching a pointless movie?" The guy on my right scoffed. I glanced at him and gave him a weak smile in acknowledgement and agreement. "I wonder what happened to Smith."

"No clue," I whispered back.

"Maybe he's sick," the dude shrugged.

"Maybe."

Miranda on my other side groaned, dropping her cellphone loudly onto her desk. I shot her a look, that screamed 'SHUT UP!' as we didn't need to attract any more attention especially from our substitute—Ms. Dorsey.

"He's so aggravating," she grumbled.

"Who?" I asked.

"Jasper. He texted me at like midnight asking 'you up?' I was asleep. Now he's saying he just wanted to know if I had his jacket. Like really? Like sure, it was a booty call. This is not my first rodeo. We broke up weeks ago, I don't have your fucking jacket. What a jackass."

"At least you're talking," I shrugged.

"Nothing from..." she trailed off, looking around, "You know who?"

I shook my head then, "Nope. And I'm not reaching out. He had that little... bitch, answering his phone at eleven o'clock at night. And hasn't called me back yet? Not even a text. Now he's a jackass."

She snorted, "You're not wrong. Like... Hayley lives with Klaus and them. So, is it possible Elijah left his phone in a different room—"

"It's possible," I said. "But she didn't say that. I get more of the feel that they were in the same room, same bed, he was sleeping and she answered his phone to not wake him. I know she saw the caller ID. She knew it was me. So even if it was innocent she could have explained or I don't know—Not answered. Therefore, she wanted me to know she was with him. Late at night. And he was sleeping."

Miranda pursed her lips, "I agree. She didn't explain. Her intentions are clearly... not malicious but definitely not innocent."

"She likes him. It was all over her face," I growled out, angrily closing my notebook. There was no way I was taking these stupid notes on a useless movie.

"Have you talked about it with him?"

I rolled my eyes, "Tried to. It was a nonstarter. He had nothing to say about the subject, just that he was committed to me and blah, blah, blah."

"You don't think you're overreacting?" Miranda asked slowly.

I narrowed my eyes on her with an annoyed, nasty glare. "No," I spat simply. Miranda's brows raised in surprise and to my relief, didn't say another word or even make a sound for the remainder of class.

***TUESDAY NIGHT***

I was leaving the diner, finally heading home after a busy night, when my phone buzzed. I checked it quickly, expecting to see something from my mother about either Mia still being awake or how she was going to bed but there was leftover dinner in the fridge. Her usual night time texts. To my surprise it was a text, only from Elijah: