They Don't Need You, No One Does

You sense him, such sadness, loneliness, and pain. You feel pain. In a blink, you are several feet behind him, but he doesn't notice as you change back. He is sitting on the ledge of the building looking upward.

You see a dark angel standing near him, whispering to him, "They don't need you, even your so-called guardian angel left you. No one wants you. They would be better off if you were gone, the whole world would be better off."

You see Namjoon hang his head and know he is crying, believing all that he hears in his voice inside his head. 

"Your so-called ARMY would never miss you, they never really cared for you like they do the others. Your skills as a leader are faulty and not respected and to top it all off, you always break things, costing others money. What's the point of going on?"

Namjoon lifts his arm to wipe his tears with his sleeve as he looks out across the city. Suddenly the dark angel senses you. He turns to you and laughs.

'About time you arrived. I waited patiently for you. I didn't want you to miss his death.'

You gasp in shock. He says, 'It will leave such a nice dark stain on your reputation as Guardian Angel and he will be just the first.'

'Leave him be!" Why are you doing this?'

'Because I was told to and it's fun.' He smirks.

You hear Namjoon call out with hope in his voice, "Ara?" but he never turns to look at you.

"I guess I'm hearing things now too," he hangs his head sobbing, "I guess I am going crazy."

The dark angel looks at him and then back at you, "That's right Namjoon, you're not good enough, even for a Guardian Angel."

'STOP IT! That is not true!' You start to take a step forward when the dark angel smiles.

'I'll leave you to watch him die.' He unfurls his large black wings and as he turns to leave he makes sure he is close enough to Namjoon so his wings bump him, pushing him off the building.

"NOOOooooooo!" Instantly back in full Guardian Angel form you are in front of Namjoon and catch him in your arms stopping his fall.

He opens his eyes and stares into yours, "I, I didn't come here to jump. I would never do something like that."

You carry him back to the rooftop, "I know," you tell him holding him in your arms embrace as your wings surround you both. 

"You're real and I'm not crazy," he states with a sigh of relief.

"No, my love, you are not crazy and they do need you, and I need you too."

"You, a Guardian Angel, need me? I'm no one . . . wait," He realizes you just called him your love.

 "You can't love me. I won't let you sacrifice your wings for me. I don't deserve your love."

"Who told you about love and wings?" you ask though you have an idea who.

"I know that if you are in love with me, you lose your wings. I will not let you sacrifice your wings for someone like me."

You sigh and think, 'Oh Daughter of Loki.' 

"Namjoon, I will not lose my wings because I am in love. I can choose to give them up for love, allowing me to be human." 

You don't mention that you will still have some gifts but for now, he doesn't need to know that.

You caress his face, wiping away the tears that remain. "I would willing to give up my wings for you."

He looks at you with hope shining in his eyes he asks, "You, you love me? You would do that for me?"

"With all my heart," you tell him.

He places his hands on each side of your face as you have returned to your human form. Gazing into your eyes his gaze drifts to your lips then back up, "I love you, Ara. Can I, can I kiss you?"

You smile, 'My first kiss.' 

"Yes, please."

His lips press to yours and your body comes alive with feelings you've never known.

'The Guardian Archangel was right, I did fall in love with my Assignment: Kim Namjoon.'

"My Namjoon," you whisper out loud and he smiles, dimples showing to their fullest. 

"Yes, your Namjoon," he says with a possessive rumble to his voice as he pulls you close to deepen the next kiss.

Authors Note: But wait there's more . . . .