chapter 5: friend

Jesse was lying on Charlie's bed with a head phone in his ear listening to the top of the world, while watching Charlie and his friends play monopoly.

"No...nooo." Tao yelled annoyed as he was losing to charlie.

" It's almost midnight, can we please call it a draw?" Elle said starting to lose interest in the game." Yeah, agreed as fun as this is, it's getting late." Jesse said taking his airpod out of his ear.

" No, because I'm clearly winning. I just have unlucky rolls" Tao stated trying to keep the game going.

" No, I'm winning because I have more money." Charlie replied holding up his money.

Jesse eventually tuned them out, as their conversation of who's better seemed to be going on forever. Half way through the argument Issac kicked the board ending the game.

"Oh, whoops." Issac sarcastically said while Jesse giggled

"Draw?" charlie asked.

"Draw"Tao confirmed.

" Thank God." Elle said praising that the game had ended.

After the game Jesse,Charlie and Issac went down stairs to get some hot chocolate." Do you want some hot chocolate Jesse?" Charlie asked.

Jesse looked at the taller and back at the drinks they were making" oh, n-no thanks. I'm Good." Jesse said quite anxiously" well then, do you want some..." "No, I'm fine really" Jesse said cutting charlie" okay if you say so" charlie said as the three started to walk back up the stairs.

When the three boys got upstairs, they immediately regretted it seeing Taos weird dancing.

" Do I even want to know?" Charlie asked, looking at how ridiculous his friend is being right now as Elle hit Tao in the head with a pillow

So, I was thinking of inviting nick to my birthday thing on Saturday. I really want him to come but I don't want it to be awkward or weird since you don't know him." Charlie said to his friends except Jesse.

" No, it would be awkward." Elle reassuring her friend.

" I assumed he was coming anyway." Issac stated.

" Good" Charlie said happily if his friends responses.

At Truham school.

Jesse, Charlie and nick were sitting at their table as Mr Lange was calling out for the students names.

" So, it's kind my birthday on Saturday." Charlie pointed out to nick.

"Is it?" Nick asked with a shocked expression.

" Yeah, me, Jesse and my friends are going bowling, and I was going to ask you wanted to come, but I know you don't know them so you don't have to." Charlie said not want to pressure nick into coming.

" Yes." Nick agreed without hesitation.

Jesse smiled at the two boys as the teacher told them to keep quiet as they then started to bicker about nick get Charlie a present.

Outside

It was the end of school and Jesse had met up with Charlie and Tao. Thing we're going until something hit both Jesse and Charlie.

The three boys looked over to see the person who threw the trash a them was Harry who was laughing.

" Watch out dicknozzle." Tao yelled angrily at the bully.

" You all right mate? Harry asked not caring of how pissed off Tao was

" Harry, don't start." Nick told the bully.