"Mama, mama! Look!" She shouts in excitement, holding up a white paper that writes "100%" with a smiley face.

The older woman locks eyes with her child and kneels down to examine the paper closer. She smiles brightly and pulls her girl in for a tight hug. "Mon amour, I'm so proud of you," She kisses the girl's cheek.

"I knew you could do it! Now put this on the table, so Daddy can see and come back, I have a surprise waiting for you."

With a nod, the girl follows her mother's instructions and puts the marked up sheet of paper on the coffee table of her living room and runs back into the kitchen. She's met with a tray of her favorite cookies on the kitchen island.

Peanut Butter Cookies.

A smile forms on the young girl face as she reaches her hand out for one until they're swatted away quickly. "It's hot, baby, you have to wait a few minutes,"

She pouts at her mother hoping it may sway her, but the older woman sticks by her answer while heading to the fridge. "Now talk to me, how was school today?"

"It was really good," The little girl nods excitedly. "I can multiply triple digits numbers now!"

"And you're only six!? You're so smart, my love." The older lady beams with pride and nuzzles her face into her little girl's neck eliciting giggles from her. "Thank you."

"Avez-vous travaille sur votre francais?"

"Oui! J'ai pu ecire un long paragraphe aujourd'hui."

"Good, your father's going to be very proud you." She smiles at the girl again and then grabs a glass plate, placing two cookies on it and placing the plate in front of her.

The young girl's eyes go wide in awe and she reaches for the plate until she receives a look from her mother. "And what do you say, jeune femme?"

"Thank you." The girl corrects her action and waits for an approving nod from her mother before continuing to eat her cookies.

The older lady allows her daughter to eat her cookies and proceeds tidy up the kitchen. She puts the last of the dishes in the dishwasher and stops when she hear the alarm beep.

The first beep, she stops and listens, the second beep makes her walk toward her girl who is oblivious to the noise. The third one is when she hopes it doesn't reach a fourth.

The fourth one is followed by the sound of the front door being ripped open and in comes running her husband. Panicked and concerned.

"Daddy!" The girl hops up out of her mother's grasp and into her father's arm.

"Hey, princess." He kneels down and kisses her on her forehead, while maintaining eye contact with his wife. He nods at her and instantly, she knows what it means.

She runs across the kitchen, through the living room, and into their bedroom. She opens the closet door and pushes past the clothes and reaches for two pistols and comes back to her family.

She passes both weapons to her husband and pulls her girl out of his hands. "Daddy has to go now, baby."

The little girl lets out a sound of annoyance and says she wants to stay with her daddy. "No, please listen to me. We have to leave Daddy, he'll be right back."

The little girl doesn't protest any further and gets comfortable in her mother's arms. She watches on as her mother approaches her father and places a firm kiss on his lips.