⨳ 21

Treading down the hallway, Yuzhuo dispersed the crowd of students by her presence alone

A small smirk graced her lips as she led the way, the student council behind her.

In the distance, Yuzhuo spotted her roommate walking towards them with a pile of books in her arms. “Jennie!”.

The said girl looked up from the ground, smiling at Yuzhuo as she approached the student council.

“Jennie?”, a familiar voice questioned her appearance as Jennie froze, recognizing the voice in a heartbeat.

“Mark?”, a light brush of pink painted her cheeks as she looked up at the same boy she had known for a couple years.

“Oh, wow! It is you! Long time no see!”, Mark smiled, showing off his usual friendliness as Jennie shyly smiled back.

Yuzhuo's smirk widened at the obvious connection between the two. “Right, I forgot you guys were friends. You see, gege, Jennie is my roommate.”, Yuzhuo grinned.

Mark's eyes lit up as his smile widened. “Well, that's reassuring. I'm glad you're in good hands.”, he spoke warmly, giving Jennie a soft smile.

Jennie's painted cheeks were more obvious as she looked down at the ground, fiddling with her fingers in a jittery way.

Her stomach was full of butterflies as her heart beated wildly. It wasn't everyday you were reunited with your high school crush.

“Well, I'll see you later?”, Yuzhuo asked as Jennie nodded, holding her books up. “I'll just be studying in the library.”.

Yuzhuo nods before waving goodbye, walking off with the rest of the student council.

Jennie's eyes lingered on the familiar boy she hadn't seen in months, a smile making it's way to her lips as she turned to walk away.

Just then, Mark glanced over his shoulder at her, his eyes sparkling with warmth and a feeling he wasn't trying to hide.

He smiled to himself before catching up with the others, swinging his arm over Yuzhuo's shoulders.

“We have a lot to catch up on.”.

Mark laughed, crossing his arms with a look of disbelief. “You really did that?”.

Jeno nodded vigorously as Yuzhuo smirked, nudging him in the side. “He didn't stand a chance.”, she bragged.

Jeno scoffed, shaking his head as Yuzhuo glanced over at Chenle's desk, seeing how he was immersed in his paperwork.

Yuzhuo stood up, walking up behind him before resting her chin on top of his head, her hands resting on his shoulders.

Chenle flinched slightly before relaxing, recognizing her scent. “Whatcha doing?”, she smiled.