⨳ 23

Things were weird between both Chenle and Yuzhuo for the next few days and it definitely did not go unnoticed by the other members

Chenle walks into the council room with a serious look on his face. “Today, the bloody hours will be replaced by the annual hunters event.”, he announced, taking a seat at his desk.

Yuzhuo leaned closer to Renjun from her desk, her brows furrowed in confusion.

“The hunters event? What's that?”, she asks Renjun as he sighs, turning in his chair so he could look Yuzhuo in the eye.

“It's an event where you have to kill the student written on the piece of paper that you're given before they kill you themselves.”, he explains.

“It's not a big deal, you'll definitely succeed. It's really easy.”, he shrugs.

Yuzhuo slowly nods. “Does the council decide who kills who...?”, she asks.

Renjun shook his head, running his fingers through his hair.

“No, Mr. Lee does.”, Jeno tells her as he walks into the council room.

Yuzhuo nods at him, taking in his words.

“What are we talking about?”, Jaemin asks as he walks into the room with Jisung. “The Hunters Event.”, Jeno explains.

“I remember that! I killed more than just my target!”, Haechan said as he chuckled, causing Yuzhuo to look at him in surprise.

“You can do that?”, she asks, getting a bit excited.

“Yeah, you can. As long as you don't get caught.”, Chenle answered, looking straight at her.

Yuzhuo shifted in her seat, avoiding eye contact. Chenle sighed, looking down at his lap as if he was deep in thought.

Jeno sighed, shaking his head.

These two are being way too obvious, he thought.

As the last bell went off, Mark dismissed his students to the hallways as everyone shuffled out of the room, heading to their lockers.

Mark came up to Yuzhuo and ruffled her hair, giving her a light peck on the forehead. “Good luck, Zhuo.”.

She smiled warmly at him, nodding her head. “Thanks, gege.”.

The seven council members exited the classroom, each approaching their respective lockers, opening them to see the slips of paper with the names of their targets.

Renjun smirked, leaning against his locker. “Mr. Lee really knows how to satisfy me.”.

Yuzhuo chuckled. “Who's your target?”, she asks, curiously.

“This one guy who thought it'd be funny to spill his lunch all over my brand new fucking shirt!”, he seethed in anger as Haechan shook his head.

“Anyways, I got Soobin.”, Jeno announced, waving his paper in front of his face.